They got me good - no access not even in safe mode!

Hi,

I am very embarrassed to say yesterday after being distracted by my toddler, I downloaded and installed something on auto pilot. I'm no novice with computers, and usually know what is and isn't fine and how to fix most minor issues - well I have to say I am currently stumped with this one.

After realising what happened, I tried going on the Internet to download the 'cleaners' and I couldn't access the Internet - connections all fine. I tried restarting and it rebooted fine but still no access. I found out some viruses disable your access. Luckily I have access to another laptop and downloaded the anti malware programs to a flash drive and ran my scans.

It picked up many and removed them, but I still did not have access to Internet. I followed some instructions but nothing worked. I read one of my files has likely been patched by the virus. I tried a restart and that's where things have gone crazy!

Now the laptop won't boot to Windows, after loading the intro I get a black screen with cursor - I can not even get access in safe mode, I just get the black screen and cursor.

I tried a system restore - although I have restore points, it won't let me click next to begin restore even though I have the correct permissions as I have checked ( from what I have read I don't think this will help anyway)

I have tried sfc scan in cmd - it said it repaired issues but still it won't boot.

I am currently running chkdsk /r - waiting on result.

While I wait I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Unfortunately I can't access the machine to run a hijack this and post the log nor can I access my malware log from yesterday to post.

Does this sound fixable??

P.s sorry currently on iPad so not so great typing on here!!

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!