bsod on windows 7 laptop

i looked at the BSOD posting instructions and I'm confused if I am supposed to run the program on the device with BSOD or with the device I'm currently using. My laptop has had the BSOD for a week now and still don't know how to fix it. Would appreciate it if someone can help.

Windows 7 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (still a laptop)

Model: dv7-317nr

i do not have a recovery start up disc

i looked at the BSOD posting instructions and I'm confused if I am supposed to run the program on the device with BSOD or with the device I'm currently using. My laptop has had the BSOD for a week now and still don't know how to fix it. Would appreciate it if someone can help.

Windows 7 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (still a laptop)

Model: dv7-317nr

i do not have a recovery start up disc

i looked up bsod and maybe it is not bsod in this case. my problem is that there is a blue screen with a movable cursor and i cannot do anything at all 

My apologies for the delay in responding here.  I have had some serious family problems over the last week.

Can you get into Windows on the system that's have the blue screen problem?

If the blue screen is blocking things, what happens when you press the Win and the R key at the same time?  Does the Run dialog open up?

If so, run the reports from there.

If you can't get into Windows, then we'll have to discuss:

- backing up your data

- system recovery options (holding F11 while the system boots should get you to the system recovery screen).