Yes, I get the same thing (I think). Bad_Pool_Header failures on my PC, but not on my laptop.

The PC is older, Intel G45, running Win 10, ATI graphics, BitLocker, a BIOS RAID on the Intel chip ICH6R, a mix of SSDs and Disks, Avast and MBAM Premium

The laptop is newer, Intel Core i5-4200U, running Win 10, Intel chip graphics, BitLocker, no raid, Avast and MBAM Premium.

The Bad_Pool_header failure is intermittent, but predictably 2-4 times a day, usually while on the Internet (Firefox, NoScript + AdBlock Plus).

Removing MBAM Premium on the PC has resulted in no failures in the past 5 days.

Of course, the fix might come from Microsoft, rather than MalwareBytes.

The Bad_Pool_Header results in a long session of "collecting info for Microsoft", which I've usually cut short by physically rebooting my system - I'm disinclined to allow anyone to collect any info they see fit.

• 1 month later...

:welcome:

What antivirus is installed now?  and do you have a paid-for or free Bitdefender license ?  If you wish to go back to Bitdefender, which version ?

and are the Windows o.s. 32-bit or 64-bit ?

Two key considerations:

One needs to make real sure to have a solid Bitdefender install that is fully up to date.

Second, I highly recommend setting Trusted applications settings into the B D software.

In order for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Bitdefender  to work together smoothly, you must configure both applications.   This next is the general guide.

Just be sure to keep in mind there is a minor folder name difference between 32-bit or 64-bit Windows

How to configure *Bitdefender*  to exclude Malwarebytes files -
Step 1. Open *Bitdefender*
Step 2. Click on "Modules"  near the bottom of the window so that you see a white screen
Step 3. You should see a Protection tab with  white background

Step 4. click on the "Trusted applications" line in black, on the left side
Step 5. You should see a new window BitDefender Trusted Applications

Step 6. Click "Add" button (blue color)
Use the navigation tree to get to the C drive and its sub-folders

Step 7. Click on the + sign on the line Windows C drive

Step 8. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' , select desired folder and click "OK"

{ that is for a 64-bit Windows.  For 32-bit Windows it would be 'C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware'    }

Step 9. Make sure that the option "Both" is checked and select "Add"

Step 10. Click "OK"

How to add your Bitdefender  folder to Malwarebytes "Malware Exclusions" list -
Step 1. Open the Malwarebytes application
Step 2. Click on "Settings"
Step 3. Click "Malware Exclusions" in the left column
Step 4. Click on "Add Folder"
Step 5. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016'
Step 6. Click once on "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016" folder to highlight it
Step 7. Click on "Select Folder"

also do the same for the folder  C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

Step 8. Close Malwarebytes
Step 9. Reboot your computer <--Very Important!