Kelly in Tx

JRT deleted two files that I think are false positive :-(

Successfully deleted: [Task] C:\WINDOWS\system32\tasks\PCDEventLauncherTask

Successfully deleted: [Task] C:\WINDOWS\system32\tasks\PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask

Well it didn't let me have a choice to delete, or not delete, it just did it. (I am using Win10)  Now my scheduled CheckUp is disabled from Dell.  All of the monitored programs disappeared from the taskbar. (except 2)  I don't know if they are running now, or not.  I luckily did a full backup today with my free backup software.  But I went to my external hard drive, and it did not find those particular files.  I went to Recycle Bin, and it was empty.  So I could not restore them.  I could go to my restore point made earlier, but it said I may lose some files if I did that.  I did create a restore point, before running JRT.  JRT did a restore point also, and then deleted only these two files mentioned above.  I don't think these are in the full backup I did previously.   I could get the emergency flash drive out, but I don't want to go back to that time frame.  So I wish they would allow you to review what they want to delete, and then run the deletion.  Now I am not sure what to do. 

Well I finally got it going back to the way I think it was.  I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my Dell software running again.  I hope it is right.  The two files are back, that JRT deleted.  It must be connected to the Dell software, that monitors updates, and does diagnostics and stuff. 

Hello Kelly in Tx,

Thanks for the report. These aren't false positives though and are related to the following program: Dell Support Center

This program is pre-installed on the PC

Pre-installed software such as this is usually included by default on the manufacturer's PC. Many OEM (original equipment manufacture) software that is included with a new PC is useful and in many cases required for the PC to function properly as in the case of various software drivers. However, some pre-installed software is optional and can be safely removed.
Dell Support Center is typically pre-installed with Dell computers.
Some users and experts alike have reported that this program is considered bloatware or bundleware. Such software is optional and can be safely removed if you do not utilize the features of the progam.

This is why it was added in the first place. JRT doesn't delete the program; just the autorun entries (scheduled tasks in the above example) related to it since you can still launch the program on your own if you wanted to.

If you just wanted to add the tasks back, there might have been a way to readd them through the Dell Support Center program itself, or you could have followed steps similar to the ones in this guide: Schedule A Task.

Regards

Thank you.  I don't consider it a threat, or junk.  It helps with hardware scans etc... and I find that worth keeping.  It would be excellent if JRT would allow the user the option of not deleting something.  But at least now I know.