Help me remove a persistent USB malware!

Steffan

I can't get rid of USB malware.

When I inserted my flash drive it ruined my HTC One S's recognition and now I can't copy files from/to it! Also, when I insert the same USB drive when Linux Ubuntu is booted, it works normally! So there's definitely something that causes trouble. I scanned my PC with Kaspersky Malware removal tool, MBAM Premium trial, and Avast Internet Security and nothing was found...

I wiped the flash drive with GParted booted, and reformated to different file system (NTFS) and nothing! I am not sure if the malware is from another, microSD card reader, where it came from, but I am now thinking about tossing those 2 to trash!

I changed AutoPlay options to not do anything. Now the flash drive is visible after rebooting

But my One S is not responding except the sound for new device can be heard. In the device list, it says the driver is broken...

I reinstalled HTC Sync, notghing changed.

When I tried the trouble shooter it did something, suggested taht I reboot, and blue screen BAD_POOL_HEADER apperraed. I am certain it trigged this event. So that can't solve the problem either. Any suggestions?

post-200243-0-70601300-1456342398_thumb.

post-200243-0-05686500-1456342400_thumb.

• 3 months later...