MBeke

Hi there 

and Thanks for providing this software. I have the following issue to report: 

After installing 0.9.14 with Admin rights, I wanted to switch over to a user profile. Unfortunately, that didn't work out in so far, as I was informed by windows, that my "desktop is prepared" (in german though, I don't know the applicable wording in english versions) and prompted to what seemed to be a "guest" account or something of that sort. The good news is though, that after a restart, I was able to access the user again. Anyway, the profile switch (to the Admin-account this time) still failed. As before, reboot reenabled access. 

Is this a known issue? Will it be "repaired", when I remove the software from my system? Will it corrupt any system in any way? 

Thanks for support and 

BRGDS, 

MB

Hello MBeke and :welcome:

Let us give the developer team a bit more information to get started. Please create the following files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello MBeke:

The issue you have reported is still in the log files if an uninstall/clean re-install has not transpired.

One can not be certain if the information has value unless it's analyzed. Zipping and attaching the files in a reply takes but a moment or so.

Thank you for contributing your time to the beta test program.

Hello MBeke:

How To Attach File(s) To Your Reply

NOTE: If the file(s) to be attached are less than 30 MB in size, and total less than 488.96 MB, all compression and/or consolidation steps are strongly discouraged.

However, if the IP.Board forum software denies the file type(s) to be uploaded, those file(s) may be individually zipped and retried.

• In the lower-right corner of the "Reply to this topic" Web Form's message box, single-left-click the More Reply Options button. It's just to the right of Post.
  • At the bottom of the new window, find the Attach Files aids.
  • Single-left-click the Choose Files... button (lower-left, just to the right of the vertical paper clip image).
  • In the next window that opens, navigate to the file you are requested to attach.
  • Left-double-click the file to select it. This step may take a variable amount of time to complete.
  • Near the right side of the pane, single-left-click the Add to Post button.
  • Repeat steps 3 through 6 for any additionally requested files.
  • Single-left-click Add Reply to send the reply message with your attached file(s).
Many members seem to skip over step #6.

Thank you.

Okay, it's not been 15 minutes, I admit.

But doing what you want me to, requires me to update flash player - which I am not willing to do. I am actually trying to get rid of it... Thanks anyway - and out.

Don't read(!): If you want this  to be succesfull (or even reasonalbe) at all, make it somewhat user-friendly. Just sayin'...  :wacko:

BRGDS, 

MB

Today I tried to enter in my second account, and I had the same problem, by switching between accounts to another, with MBARW actived, has started a temporary account, it's solved with a reboot, but it repeats every time I switching betwen profiles.

If I turn off completely MBARW with msconfig, the problem does not occur.

Sorry for my bad english i am from germany.

We also have this problem to 6 clients in a domain server in our office.

Each client has only one account with administrator rights. When you first start the user's profile path is wrong, after rebooting it's okay.

Hello MBeke:

Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW):

1. Restart the Windows OS to the Windows Safe Mode.

2. Close all open Windows applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware from the Windows Control Panel.

3. If MBARW Beta was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 64-bit system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

4. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually while still in the Windows Safe mode.

5. Restart the Windows OS to the Normal mode.

Thank you.

I can confirm that i had this same problem immediately after a reboot on windows 10 x86.  Luckily after a few more reboots the profile reappeared.

"You've been signed in with a temporary profile.

You can't access your files, and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this, sign out and try signing in later. Please see the event log for more details or contact your system administrator."

On 29/2/2016 at 3:11 AM, ARIMO said:
Today I tried to enter in my second account, and I had the same problem, by switching between accounts to another, with MBARW actived, has started a temporary account, it's solved with a reboot, but it repeats every time I switching betwen profiles.

If I turn off completely MBARW with msconfig, the problem does not occur.

I noticed that sign out and returning in the same account, creates however a temporary profile, even when unused, and errors are reported in the
system events, and the same thing occurs even if I disable and then reactivated the MBAM service via msconfig and restarting the system, only after another
reboot, the files of temporary profile are deleted, while  if I go out and return in the same account and MBARW is running, the folder of temporary profile
is updated.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

I found a VSS Error - 8193 Unexpected error calling routine ConvertStringSidToSid in the system events after the creation of new Recovery points, I think this is due to creation of temporary profiles caused by MBARW, I posted here the link to the solution I found, if you were to encounter this error:
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/VSS+Error+-+8193+Unexpected+error+calling+routine+ConvertStringSidToSid

5 hours ago, ARIMO said:

I found a VSS Error - 8193 Unexpected error calling routine ConvertStringSidToSid in the system events after the creation of new Recovery points, I think this is due to creation of temporary profiles caused by MBARW, I posted here the link to the solution I found, if you were to encounter this error:
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/VSS+Error+-+8193+Unexpected+error+calling+routine+ConvertStringSidToSid

I spoke too soon, it's like a dog chasing their tail, the procedure will reset the account, but when I login to the profile the problem reoccurs, and then cannot use a standard account without incurring in this error, since when I have to do a task that requires administrator access it re-creates the *.bak key.
So by the time I decided to remove MBARW, and try again it when comes out a new version.