Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Help making sure virus is removed

sbct

Hi,

I noticed my machine behaving strangely - several unrecognized processes were using a lot of CPU and I could not kill them, software was failing to load, browsers were slow/unable to load pages.  Before discovering the "I'm infected - What do I do?" page, I already took the following steps:

1. Booted into safe mode with internet access, killed the processes
  2. Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes (quarantined backdoor.bot, Trojan.bedep, and Trojan.clicker along with a number of registry issues)
  3. Downloaded and ran combofix
  4. Updated and ran CCleaner for registry fixes, deleting temporary files, etc.
  5. Uninstalled and reinstalled avast! (malware was preventing it from loading upon reboot)
  6. Re-scanned with Malwarebytes (clean)
  7. Re-scanned with Avast (no issues)
  8. Checked internet options
  9. Scanned with Windows Malicious Software Removal tool (no issues)
  10. Scanned with TDSSKiller (no issues)
  11. Scanned with ESET (no issues)
  12. Scanned with Farbar recovery scan tool, after finding the "What do I do?" page

It feels like things are back to normal, but I wanted to see if you could look over the attached logs to see if there's anything else I need to be concerned about.

Thanks in advance for your help!

FRST.txtAddition.txtComboFix.txtTDSSKiller.3.1.0.9_23.02.2016_20.39.17_log.txtFirst MB scan.txtSecond MB Scan.txt

• Root Admin

C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\ClassicChandler_archive.torrent

C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\The.Expanse.S01E09.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]

C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\The.Expanse.S01E10.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy