Problems withe Beta 5 ransomware

sanchez

I downloaded the latest Beta 5 version of Ransomware however it never opens or does anything at all. I am running Windows 7 64bit

Shortcut appears but will not open. I downloaded the malware removal tool and tried unsuccessfully on a number of occasions to get it to work

Any suggestions?

Hello sanchez and :welcome:

It is not abundantly clear exactly which "malware removal tool" you have referred to. Please provide additional clarity.

Please try a system restart followed by a conventional Windows uninstall of MBARW Beta in normal boot mode.

Then, if the following MBARW associated directories still exist, manually delete them:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

C:\ProgramData\MBAMService

If necessary, the above directories may be deleted after a system restart into Safe Mode.

If a complete MBARW uninstall has been achieved, please restart into a normal mode system restart.

Please download a fresh copy of MBARW_Setup.exe and save to an Administrator's desktop only.

Try another install of MBARW Beta followed by a system restart to normal mode.

Please advise if the issue you have reported has been resolved.

Thank you.