Norton 360 flagging malwarebytes .tmp files as backdoor / virus

BOOSTEDI5

I'm not sure what this issue is but it has me concerned. I've seen a popup from Norton the last few days on my Windows 8 system showing a potential threat. Norton said the threat was removed and requires a reboot. Today was the 2nd one Norton has flagged. Both were randomly named .tmp files.

I was going to try to restore the .tmp and submit to online virus scan engines. However, this last one isn't giving me the option to restore. I think if I reboot I might be able to restore the .tmp file so I can submit it for scanning.

Norton flagged todays .tmp file as Backdoor.Pcclient.B. I looked this up from the Norton link and it's something that's pretty old (Circa 2006) but still has me concerned.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-071010-2417-99&tabid=2

Here's the screen shots I captured.

Anyone else getting this or have any ideas? I might create a thread in Nortons community. I've always noticed in the logs that Norton and Malwarebytes DO NOT play well together but this is the first time I've Norton consider malwarebytes a trojan!

K1OPLPl.png

e7Jyog5.png

t7xKQr4.png

Hello,

It looks to be a fluke with Norton itself..

Please see this thread to explain what I mean by this:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/177657-a-tmp-file-in-malwarebytes-was-detected-as-a-virus/

Thanks for the link. I'll look into this again later when I'm @ home. Appreciate it.