MBAM scans daily and I cannot stop it from doing so

I have a friends PC that is stuck scanning every day.  When you go to automated scheduling, it has the daily scan listed.

Problem is, no one knows how it got set and it will not allow us to remove the task.

It is a Windows 10 system and MBAM (free version) is fully updated as of 2 days ago.  We have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

No luck.

We still want to use the program but this constant interruption is a pain in the tail.  We can not edit or or anything.

How does one go about correcting this on the free version?

Thanks.

Hello and :welcome: :

MBAM Free does not feature automated, scheduled scans.
It is only a manual, on-demand scanner.

It sounds as if the computer originally had the Trial version in place (it is enabled by default during installation).
After 14 days, the Trial reverts to the Free version.

It sounds as if some settings may have been left behind.
I understand that you have uninstalled, but probably not using the removal tool???

So, let's start here:

• Please carefully follow all the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x - be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool (and it's not a bad idea to reboot again after reinstalling)
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Correct, did not use the tool.  Sorry I missed that.  I found it after reading some.  (something I should have done before posting, heh.)

Regardless, one would think MBAM would remove a setting like that if it were set during the trial.  Seems a cruddy thing to do, to force people to be stuck with whatever settings they had during the trial.

Love the program and will keep right on using it, but this is frustrating.

I will update this later when I can try that.

Thank you.

Correct, did not use the tool.  Sorry I missed that.  I found it after reading some.  (something I should have done before posting, heh.)

Regardless, one would think MBAM would remove a setting like that if it were set during the trial.  Seems a cruddy thing to do, to force people to be stuck with whatever settings they had during the trial.

Your comment suggests that this is intentional.

It is not.

In most cases, allowing the Trial to expire (or deactivating a Premium account) will properly revert the program to the Free version.

Occasionally, something gets left behind.

Love the program and will keep right on using it, but this is frustrating.

I will update this later when I can try that.

Thank you.

The clean removal process should take no more than 5 minutes and a reboot or two to get you back to the Free version.

If it doesn't resolve the issue, please post back with the requested logs.

Thanks again,

Your comment suggests that this is intentional.

It is not.

In most cases, allowing the Trial to expire (or deactivating a Premium account) will properly revert the program to the Free version.

Occasionally, something gets left behind.

Yeah, I can see that now.  That was not my intent.  I apologize.

I should have said:  Seems a cruddy thing, for settings like that that to remain active with no easy way to change them when your trial expires.