Bootable MWB CD?

Today I tried to install MWB on a PC but the installer could not complete, not in normal Windows (7 Home Premium SP1 x64) nor Safe Mode.

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a bootable MWB CD which can load the program, get new definitions (save to hard-disk) and scan a troublesome PC?

TIA

Hello MWB007 and :welcome:

Yours is a frequently asked question and the quick answer to your question is no. Malwarebytes does not have Home/Consumer level bootable media that runs or installs MBAM.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome!

If this system is infected, it could be the infection preventing the install of Malwarebytes. You could try using Malwarebytes Chameleon Free - Installs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on an infected computer.

That being said....

Your best choice is to seek help from out experts.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thank you