malwarebytes crashes at mscorpe & mscorpehost dll

Hey everybody, hope I'm in the right place, over the past week or so Malwarebytes has been hanging when getting to either mscorpe or mscorpehost.dll. It's so bad that sometimes it causes windows to completely crash. The times that it has been able to push through it hasn't uncovered any issues or malware.

Any ideas why this may be happening when MB starts scanning these 2 particular dlls? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

Thanks Usasma, Attached is the generated file.

Also, the first time i ran it it created a an empty zip folder. I rebooted and immediately re-ran to create the attached file. Does it normally create an empty folder on first attempt? At any rate, thanks again for looking into this!

No, it doesn't normally create an empty folder.

But it is a relatively new program, so there may be unknown glitches :(

Only 251 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

The lone memory dump blames hardware.

More info on this error here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000007F (see the Usual Causes section)

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please note the complete absence of 3rd party drivers in the analysis below.  This means that the error is either due to Windows drivers or hardware.

In short, you must get the remaining Windows Updates in order to rule out Windows drivers as a part of the problem.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
**************************Thu Jan 21 13:00:28.561 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\012116-23509-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (3 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.18933.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150715-0600
System Uptime: 19 days 1:02:46.750
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 6f8, fffff80002fbc3db}
BugCheck Info: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050033
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002fbc3db
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_8
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_IP_MISALIGNED
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in RED should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Thanks Usasma, i had ~15 important updates from the 9th,as well as ~10 optional, and was able install all but one; kb3102433 (.net framework 4.6.1).

Makes a bit of sense given the 2 mscorpe dlls are part of .net framework. After having microsoft check troubleshoot update errors nothing seems to be coming up. This all seems to stem from the recent "Updgrade to windows 10" that started running for compatibility but i don't know that this would be the reason malwarebytes causes system strain when scanning these 2 particular .dlls. Should I attempt to remove windows 10 compatability processes?

I'd look into .NET repairs.

Removing all of the .NET stuff and then reinstalling it could help things out.

Also, you may consider DISM, SFC, Reset (with Keep My Files) and Reset (with Remove Everything) as options.

For starters, here's the DISM stuff (but I'd run it if the problem remains after removing/reinstalling .NET):

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.