MBAM doesn't start with Windows (Windows 10)

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently.  

Noticed yesterday that MBAM was not starting and showing up in the system tray automatically, at boot-up.

I did the following:

• Ran the Clean Removal Process
  • Downloaded and installed the latest version
  • Entered registration information
  • Performed several shut-down/start-ups, MBAM started as expected
  • Ran a full scan - removed several PUP's - restart required to complete cleanup
  • Upon that restart, MBAM is once again NOT loading at Windows startup.

MBAM starts OK when selected from the Start menu list of apps.  The "Start MBAM with Windows" and all protections are enabled, as well as self-protection and self-protection early start.

Yet, it doesn't start when first entering Windows.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Hello and :welcome: :

Since you have already performed a clean reinstall of MBAM, let's get a bit more system info, to help to determine what's going on.
(I suspect the issue may be due to malware remnants or damage, but the logs will help to determine if that's the case.)

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

We'll go from there.

Thanks,

UPDATE - I think I may have figured it out.

In the Task Manager, tab: Startup - it lists various startup programs, their status, and a description of their impact on startup.

I had gone in there last night and disabled some programs.  This included disabling one that did not have any useful descriptive information.  Just now, I went back in and re-enabled that one, and MBAM is starting with Windows, as desired.

So, apparently, Windows 10 is not identifying MBAM in the Task Manager - Startup tab.

An example of a few of the entries I see on that tab:

Name // Publisher // Status // Startup Impact

iTunesHelper // Apple Inc. // Disabled // None

Java Update Scheduler // Oracle Corporation // Enabled // Not measured

Program // (blank) //  Enabled // Not measured

That last line, I believe, represents the MBAM startup task.  I had DISABLED it last night.  Having re-enabled it, MBAM is starting as expected.

UPDATE - I think I may have figured it out.

In the Task Manager, tab: Startup - it lists various startup programs, their status, and a description of their impact on startup.

I had gone in there last night and disabled some programs.  This included disabling one that did not have any useful descriptive information.  Just now, I went back in and re-enabled that one, and MBAM is starting with Windows, as desired.

So, apparently, Windows 10 is not identifying MBAM in the Task Manager - Startup tab.

An example of a few of the entries I see on that tab:

Name // Publisher // Status // Startup Impact

iTunesHelper // Apple Inc. // Disabled // None

Java Update Scheduler // Oracle Corporation // Enabled // Not measured

Program // (blank) //  Enabled // Not measured

That last line, I believe, represents the MBAM startup task.  I had DISABLED it last night.  Having re-enabled it, MBAM is starting as expected.

Just providing an update on this, for anyone who happens across this thread in the future.  I found a useful post elsewhere on the web whereby you can identify "mystery" start-up programs listed in the Windows 10 task manager start-up tab:

Right-click on the area where the column headings are  (Name, Publisher, Status, Startup Impact) and you'll get a list of other characteristics that you can optionally choose to display.  One of this "command line" -- select that, and you'll have another piece of information about each start-up program, which can be helpful for identifying something only listed as "Program."  

In my case, it was an Apple iTunes sync program -- nothing to do with MBAM as I originally thought.