Need help adding exclusions

I have discovered that a program I purchased for backing up my system is slowing my startup and shutdowns, and also causing a lot of herkey-jerky activity in my computer when it's running. The program is Genie Timeline Home.

I wrote to the company and they gave me a couple of directories to exclude from getting scanned by a real time monitoring application. How do I add those to the mbam exclusion list?

They also said if processes (.exe) can be excluded from being scanned, they gave me three Genie processes to exclude. 

Can someone help with this please. I don't want to do it wrong and cause more problems for myself,

Hi:

It would be the same process used to add your AV's files or folders to the malware exclusions.

See here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/MalwareExclusions.html

The screen shot below shows what it would look like (in this case it is *my* AV Kaspersky, and Carbonite, just for illustration).

Your system specs in your signature suggest that this is older hardware (running an EOL OS), but it doesn't say how much RAM you have.

Running a lot of applications in real-time (regardless of mutual exclusions) may be slowing you down if there is limited RAM.

<just saying>

Hope this helps,

post-29793-0-03748100-1455387000_thumb.p

My backup program, Genie Timeline Home 2014, causes herky-jerky performance on my computer when its running. The company said I should exclude 3 processes from being scanned to help with this. Should I do this, and if so, how do I do this?

• C:\Program Files\Genie9\Genie Timeline\GenieTimeline.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Genie9\Genie Timeline\GenieTimelineService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Genie9\Genie Timeline\GenieTimeLineAgent.exe

Hi, again:

This appears to be the same question you asked in this other topic here? :unsure:

If so, please see the reply here.

Yes, you can exclude either the individual files or the program folder.

However, as mentioned in the other thread, if the hardware is old and there is not much RAM, then adding the exclusions may not augment performance all that much.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

P.S. As these posts appear to relate to the same issue, the forum mod team might merge both threads, to reduce clutter and confusion. No worries, though. ;)