False Positive: DriverRestore.exe

mikebrayshaw

• Staff
Hi mikebrayshaw,

I'm pretty sure I know which detections you are referring to without even seeing the log so I wanted to respond now incase I didn't get a chance later on today.

These are not false positives. The software has changed since August 2015 and has met our criteria for listing as potentially unwanted once again in February 2016.

It is currently detected as PUP.Optional.DriverRestore which is a lesser type of detection compared to "Trojan", "Rootkit", "Worm", etc..

You are welcome to continue using the software if you'd like. Here is how to add it to Malwarebytes' exclusion list so future scans of Malwarebytes do not detect it:

Open Malwarebytes

x8CtMS3.png

1. Choose Settings
  2. Choose Malware Exclusions
  3. Now use the Add File and/or Add Folder buttons in the bottom right of the screen to which folders and files for Malwarebytes to ignore. That's all :)

If you'd like to understand more and/or you are the developer of this software, please read: Malwarebytes PUP Criteria

Best regards