License for Anti-Ransomware failed to activate

willem1933

Just installed Malwarebytes anti-ransomware beta. I get a shortcut on my main PC page. Double clicking on that I seem to open the program, but it is disabled because "my license failed to activate" (see MARW.jpg). Clicked on "Start Protection" in the dasboard tab, but that link doesn't work.

So I went as a newby to your forum and registered there. That succeeded, but I can't find an answer on what to do to activate the program. So "started a new topic" hoping that is the best choice. Help appreciated.

Willem1933

post-199405-0-72137800-1455120339_thumb.

Hello willem1933 and :welcome:

Please create the following zipped files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply and then do a conventional Windows uninstall & reinstall beta4, MBARW 0.9.12.336 and include the status of the system's issue in your next reply.

Thank you.

willem,

This typically happens when the user isn't connected to the internet on the start up of the application, or the application is being blocked from accessing our servers. Please ensure you are on a connection that isnt restricted (ex. not at work under a firewall), and also disable any other security applications (firewalls, AV's, Internet Security, etc.) while running the BETA. As soon as the application registers successfully you can turn all these applications back on right away.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same issue.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled, using the exe file in my "downloads" directory.  I rebooted, and got the same message.  I rebooted again, and was prompted to install a new version.  I clicked the installation link, and that finally took care of things.  All is working now.  Not sure why it didn't simply say "Your installed version is out of date, update now".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @nightman and :welcome:

It is disappointing to read your testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.

The same is true for solutions. Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.

Development Team Members, Staffers and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.