Protection not active at startup

dunghillodbc

Hello, I installed MalwareBytes Anti-Ransomware on Windows 10 x64.

I had no problems with setup but every time my computer starts, the program in not active and I have to press "Fix Now" button to start the protection.

Another question: at the moment my only security software is represented by Avira Antivirus Pro,Windows Firewall and MalwareBytes Antiransomware; I'd like to know if there could be any compatibility issue after installing Comodo Firewall. I don't trust windows firewall too much.

Thanks.

post-199305-0-51043600-1454967702_thumb.

Hello dunghillodbc and :welcome:

Before suggesting a solution to MBARW beta4 not starting its protection with a Windows 10 system start, please create the following zipped files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Additionally, is the system's Windows 10 an upgrade from a former Windows 7, 8, 8.1 system or is it a new install?

Except in the cases of industry acknowledged rogueware/badware, It is not the typical practice of Malwarebytes Corp. to comment on the products of others. However, many knowledgeables believe Microsoft has refined the Windows 10 firewall enough to warrant continued use. It is highly unlikely that MBARW has been compatibility tested with the firewall products of others. Also, you may wish to include full-time system malware and exploit protections by looking into MBAM Premium and MBAE Premium.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

Hello dunghillodbc:

For the no Real-Time Protection issue at start-up, please consider trying:

• A conventional Windows uninstall of MBARW.
  • Restart the system.
  • A conventional reinstall with the latest MBARW beta.
  • Restart the system.

Thank you.

Hello dunghillodbc:

Your great .png captures show precisely what I see on my W10x64 test system too.

With this beta4 0.9.12.336 build, at the completion of system startup, MBARW icons will normally be in both the W10 system tray and the taskbar.

As long as MBARW also shows that Real-Time protection is active, then all seems normal with your system.

Thank you

I installed the beta antiransomware without any problem, butsubsequently when I checked it was not active and had to be rebooted.  Today it is inactive and will not start even after rebootng my system

Today I uninstalled it and installed 0.914361, but it refused to start and will not be persuaded by shut down and re-boot.

Hello Bellfield and :welcome:

Please create the following files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Thank you for beta5 testing and your feedback.

Hello Bellfield:

How To Attach File(s) To Your Reply

NOTE: If the file(s) to be attached are less than 30 MB in size, and total less than 488.96 MB, all compression and/or consolidation steps are strongly discouraged.
However, if the IP.Board forum software denies the file type(s) to be uploaded, those file(s) may be individually zipped and retried.

• In the lower-right corner of the "Reply to this topic" Web Form's message box, single-left-click the More Reply Options button. It's just to the right of Post.
  • At the bottom of the new window, find the Attach Files aids.
  • Single-left-click the Choose Files... button (lower-left, just to the right of the vertical paper clip image).
  • In the next window that opens, navigate to the file you are requested to attach.
  • Left-double-click the file to select it. This step may take a variable amount of time to complete.
  • Near the right side of the pane, single-left-click the Add to Post button.
  • Repeat steps 3 through 6 for any additionally requested files.
  • Single-left-click Add Reply to send the reply message with your attached file(s).

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...