What happen to editing Signature?

daman1

Well it is not in my signature, but it is a bit  strange we cannot manage our own settings, also when you think just after how many posts its possible to make a signature.

Not that I want to change it but I can imagine when you want to edit something it must be possible without disturbing the admins. imho

Well I don't  know about your forum software but I joined forums with simular forumsoftware and it's all possible to edit signature as well as edit a post so It's all in the group policy settings of the forum, maybe someone with skills should take a look at that, the basic forum software at least allows those things.  

Maybe we should have a poll about what we as users of the forum like about the forum and what we want to change  ;)

Understood, but that's still unfortunate for a site of this caliber, The only one I know of that a member can not edit there posts or there profile :blink:  so now we are stuck with a signature we may want to delete or want to change.

I have my security suites listed in my sig so if I may need assistance one can look and see at a glance what i'm running Beta or not I list everything and like keeping them updated.

I have my security suites listed in my sig so if I may need assistance one can look and see at a glance what i'm running Beta or not I list everything and like keeping them updated.

When you need help you will get it only if you post requested logs that have that info anyway.

When you receive assistance for malware removal, you're asked to run FRST and provide FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs. The Addition.txt log contains the list of your installed programs. So even if you don't display them in your signature, the helper will get them from the logs.

Personally, I never found relevant to have the software I use in my signature. Even when I assist someone, I never look at it, only the logs contains what I need to know.

• Root Admin

@Khadijah

It's not that the software does not support a member adding or changing a signature. Just the other day we had probably over 100 posts from spammers using URL or images in their posts or signatures. By disabling the ability of users to modify their profile we are able to elimminate many hours of daily work by these changes. It still does not stop them from posting links in their posts but that too is now text and not a hyperlink to their spam products.

So the change was just made the other day and there is not enough granularity to allow normal good members to edit and yet block spammers at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

On most forums the spammers don't wait 100 post to start their spamming they made the account and start the spammig right away after they subcribe and activate the account.

Forums wich you can join without the authorisation of an admin are favorite because you can activate the account simply by a link you receive in the mail.

We are all guests of the Malwarebytes' host.

Thus when we are under the roof of our host we graciously accept the hospitality of the host and any encumbrances the host has.

The Forum is going under test and implementation phases to combat forum spam and spam flooding.

Please accept the hospitality of our host and show patience while the process continues.

Bear with the Admin- they, and iP.board, will be working on this.

We have a similar problem on a vBulletin based forum.

Spammers register a new username, activated by automatic email verification, put a spamming link as their homepage and/or signature, and then do it again and again with a different username,email and IP.

(They are not targeting you, they don't usualy even post, they want the googlebots and other crawlers to see the links).

The only way curently to stop them doing this is to block anyone making changes to their user profile, which blocks changes to avatars, profile pictures, and signatures as well.

The other option is to manually check and approve all new registration requests, can be pain in the butt when you have to wait for an admin to approve you.

We decided not to do either of these, and I now ban 20-30 of them a day.

There again we are not as big a target as Malwarebytes so can cope with taking them out by hand.

• 2 months later...

I just ran into this problem, and I posted after doing a search for the issue. I was just board and reading through here and found this. Maybe you should do this as a sticky at the start of this forum.

Anyways, it's been like 4 months, and still no fix for the issue?!