I've had 0 BSOD on XP and I've built hundreds of machines with XP over time.

Save the data you want and send me your computer and I'll FDISK/Format and install Windows XP and there will NOT be any BSOD when delivered back to you. What happens after that though is typically what happens to most users, they install tons of software or drivers that are old or conflict, etc.. and sooner or later - BSOD. Will happen with Vista unless you let Vista do its job and not install old bad drivers.

Just joking on sending me the box, just making a point that a GOOD install of XP does not have any issues.

I'm just saying, it seems I had far more issues with XP that's all. I always kept it updated the same way I do Vista, but I suspect MS has done a few things to help prevent BSOD's, especially when it comes to drivers, in Vista and that's really my point. For example, I had a bad release of Catalyst recently and everyone and his brother was having errors (XP systems were having...you guessed it: BSOD's) while most Vista users simply got a notification box pop up that told them that a certain file (one of the driver files) had an error and it logged it in the Event Logs. Vista was better able to recover as well, no reboot necessary.

No doubt Vista and soon to be Windows 7 are much more advanced in handling driver issues, but they also have WAY LESS driver support than XP :D

But that is changing...

Yeah, and I suspect from all I've heard around the web (or read really :D ) that drivers are easier to code for XP, but that probably has something to do with why it takes some longer to make working drivers for Vista (just look at Creative and HP).

Never got a BSOD on XP, but I did get this since I'm on a phone line...anything to worry about? 1st time....

Uh oh, you're doomed :D . Just kidding, I've seen many errors like that before, there are various things that could cause them (including but not limited to registry corruption, bad memory, a buggy third party shell extension etc), but as long as you don't get that type of error a lot you should be OK.

Uh oh, you're doomed :D . Just kidding,

thats is just what I need more stress :)

I seen a lot of errors like that also... but look up at my post. 1st time it happened to me...

Then it could be the gremlins finally decided to come after your computer :D . If it pops up again let us know.

If it pops up again, I'll take AdvancedSetup, up on his offer...box this up & ship it out to him :D