Daleus

Anti-Ransomware breaks Kaspersky AV

Silly program has marked Kaspersky's Network agent piece - klnagent.exe - and scheduled it to be deleted on reboot.  I am as a resault unable to restore it from quarantine.

It's has even removed the registry key that controls it - HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\klnagent

It's already bad that this require a reinstall of my virus checker, but it's even worse that I am unable to move the affected resources out of quarantine.  This surely is an error of some sort.  What's the point of releasing software of any kind that doesn't allow you to back out of it's own errors?  Or is it so beta the Restore button doesn't do anything yet?

Anyway, it is Beta, so it's not surprising.  The fact that it is an MBAM product arsing it up is highly unusual, and a bit disappointing.

I have attached the specified files, however, they may not be what you want as I did them BEFORE a reboot - I was hoping to find a way out of quarantine, but haven't.

Cheers!

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

Daleus,

Sorry for the confusion. MBARW actually doesn't mark for delete on reboot, you simply need to reboot to restore them. I will note this for change.

Could you please also include the EXE that we FP'ed on so i can fix this for you? Thanks!

Hiya Nathan,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, the forum won't let me upload an executable, even when it's renamed to something else.

Perhaps the people at Kaspersky can offer some help?

Daleus,

could you please zip the EXE before attaching? If this doesn't work please use a service like dropbox and post the link. Thanks!

Also Kaspersky wont be able to help for a MBARW FP.