***URGENT*** MBAE*** Multiple alerts

Hi,

Throughout yesterday (27/01/2016) and today we have been getting a large number of alerts. They are specifically two types of alerts. It only seemed to affect users using IE.

28/01/2016 14:40:51        WKS11        192.168.1.1        Exploit memory HeapSpray attempt blocked        BLOCK

28/01/2016 14:23:28        LAP19        192.168.1.2       Exploit attempt to bypass ASLR blocked        BLOCK

Looking on your forums coincidentally there are two threads from yesterday with reported the same issue:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/177952-getting-exploit-attempt-to-bypass-aslr-blocked-and-exploit-memory-heapspray-attempt/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/177931-multiple-exploit-blocks/

This had large impact on productivity as users were unable certain parts of website etc.

• Staff

Please provide MBAE and FRST logs. Instructions in my signature.

In the meantime you can deactivate these techniques:

Console -> Policy -> Anti-Exploit -> Advanced -> Hardening -> Deactivate Anti-HeapSpraying

Console -> Policy -> Anti-Exploit -> Advanced -> Hardening -> Deactivate BottomUp ASLR

I ended up editing my policy to not watch for those issues.  I ended up unchecking the two boxes for Browser.  This stopped the alerts to the users.  Not sure if this is the recommended way,

but it works.  Go to the Anti-Exploit tab, choose advanced, then uncheck "DEP enforcement" and uncheck "Anti Heapspraying"

MB_Error2png.png

MB_Error3png.png

• Staff

Yes, of course.

BitDefender recently released an upgrade to their clients. The upgrade contains a bug in one of its modules that causes the conflict and triggers the detection. The component is the following:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Antivirus Free Edition\avc3\avc3_sig_336\avcuf32.dll