DNS Unlocker malware, Firefox and ebay.com

Hello helpful people and other users in similar distress to myself :)

I'm seriously considering wiping windows and starting fresh but would love to try fix the issue first.

Windows 7 (64bit)
Firefox up to date

In Firefox whenever I visit ebay.com.au or gumtree.com.au (an ebay owned site) I get "Ads by DNS Unlocker" floating pop-ups on screen and firefox goes nuts reporting blocked pop-ups.
I have not found this problem on any other sites nor when using a freshly downloaded version of chromium browser. This only occurs in firefox at the moment.

I have disabled all extensions, uninstalled and reinstalled firefox but there is no change to the issue.

I have run MBAM and ADW cleaner without any fix.

My Farbar log files are attached.

Any help much appreciated.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

• Root Admin

Not a complete list but a sampling of illegal content.

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E22.Scamps.PREAiR.720p.WEBRip.x264-SRS

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E21.A.Kings.Ransom.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E20.Bad.Jubies.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E19.Blank.Eyed.Girl.HDTV.x264-W4F rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E18.President.Porpoise.Is.Missing.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e22.scamps.preair.720p.webrip.x264.srs.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e21.a.kings.ransom.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e20.bad.jubies.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e19.blank.eyed.girl.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e18.president.porpoise.is.missing.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E17.Angel.Face.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E16.Summer.Showers.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\Adventure.Time.S07E14E15.The.More.You.Moe.the.Moe.You.Know.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e17.angel.face.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e14e15.the.more.you.moe.the.moe.you.know.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

C:\Users\Shtonkalot\Downloads\[kat.cr]adventure.time.s07e16.summer.showers.hdtv.x264.w4f.rartv.torrent

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

• 4 months later...