Windows: Need to Use Special Installation & more

I've been having the last week or so the UNCOMFORTABLE problem of having something either downloading or uploading from my computer. On Dial-Up it is easy for me to notice when something is going on, and with everything closed, save my ISP, there is a CONSTANT streaming. So when MBAM updated it self to the latest version I thought perhaps something went amiss and today downloaded TWICE the new version after uninstalling the previous, which HAD been updated to the latest through an update. Well when I did a restore point the DOWNLOAD disappeared! So a second time I did it and with dial-up this took me a bit over 3 hours for the 2. Then when I went to install the new MBAM Windows put up a window saying this was an old program and could not be installed with out THIER adjustments. SO I clicked "Installed Properly" thinking this would permit it but no. Now the download looked almost like a program file rather than the ICON looking type I had previously downloaded, all downloads have an icon appearance, this did not. Luckily I had the download from July and used that and it said it had an update to the present one and that was very quick. So did a database update and ran the scan and it shows nothing. Previously it had shown nothing. So my questions are this:

1. What was the issue, do you think, with the download today?

2. And if MBAM said there was no infections of any kind WHAT IS CAUSING the constant use of the internet????

I hope some of the knowledgeable people here can help me.

Rather stressful.

I use dial-up and Windows Vista.

Thanks,

Patrick

Something I thought I should mention:

The odd thing I had failed to mention in my original post is that in the PROCESSES section of the Task Manager, today I saw, and these may not be relevant, a "Host" for my printer, which, upon occasion, checks for "updates" and for which, to my knowledge there is no way to stop. This was no longer there on my next opening of Task Mgr. Then my ISP Had 2, new to me, processes, today, the properties for one said it was 2014, the other would not show its properties. The one that did show was CONNECTIVITY SERVICE, which I had not seen before and I look at the Processes every day, the second was TOP SPEED and this did not show its properties. Could this be, somehow connected with the incessant use of the internet that has been going on for the last week?

Hello and :welcome: :

It's hard to say. But the slow, dial-up connection may be contributing to the issue you report.

We need a bit more information in order to better assist you.

For starters, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thank you,

Thank you daledoc1 for replying.

I had thought I had a bit of malware. However this morning the ISP announced via a pop-up that they had DOWNLOADED a new and improved software update, which means MORE CRAP. That it took about a WEEK to download suggests it might quite big. So the internet going constantly has now ended.

The day I had attempted to download the newest MBAM I successfully downloaded the Anti-Exploit.

So what, do you think, could have caused that MBAM download to A. Not look like all the previous downloads of the last few years, and B. the Windows trying to force me to have THEIR settings on the program?

As I said, I am so very glad I did not delete the prior July 2015 download of MBAM that update worked perfectly amazingly so.

Hi:

Thanks for the update. :)

Unfortunately, as we are not in front of your computer, there is no way to say what might have happened. :(

We need a bit more information in order to better assist you.

So, if you would like more help with this, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks!