tzucker

False Positive - Druva inSync

I came in this morning and found that the machine I had installed MBAMW on had identified our business backup solution, Druva's inSync program as malware and attempted to quarantine it.  When I looked int he quarantine there was nothing there and inSync still seemed to be working.

logs.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

inSync.zip

It happened again this morning - I am attaching the zip files.  I attached a zip of the insyncagent files as well, because I had already added insync.exe to the exclusions.  I already suggested that there be a way to exclude an entire directory (in this case it would be the insync directory).

inSync.zip

inSyncAgent.zip

logs.zip

inSync was quarantined again after reboot even though all executable are in the exclusions list.  (see below)  When I attempted to stop Logmein it was also detected as ransomware, but unlike insync the files, it did appear in the quarantine - but I am unable to restore them. (see below)

So both inSync and Logmein are detected as False positives.  I should note however that they only were detected when I attempted to do something with them.  With insync - when I started a backup and with logmein when I attempted to stop it after startup.

insync executables.zip

logmein executables.zip

logs.zip

post-198689-0-32194700-1454087774_thumb.

post-198689-0-55047300-1454087774_thumb.

post-198689-0-75993100-1454087774_thumb.

post-198689-0-92828200-1454087774_thumb.

post-198689-0-12686900-1454087775_thumb.