Long shut down times

daman1

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 2 has been released, download or update now!

(If you have MBARW installed it should prompt to update)

Information:

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (BETA) 0.9.5

Improvements:

• Improved rules to prevent false positives on legitimate software

Issues Fixed:

• Fixed issue that interfered with proper detection of latest CryptoWall 4 variant

Hi:

Still having this problem, I need to turn off protection first, then shut my PC down in order for it to shut down properly.  OR remove MBARW from my PC and it will shut down properly.

Since this doesn't seem to be a commonly-reported issue, perhaps it would further assist the devs if you could please post back with a bit more system information (beyond the items listed in your forum signature)?

To do that, you might want to please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

<just a suggestion>

Cheers,

Hey good folks...

I only used the MBARW for a short ime obviously.  All seemed to work well... with my only gripe being the task bar/notification tray issue for which I posted my 2 cents and appreciate the feedback.

However, I must report that I have since had to uninstall MBARW due to very long shutdown times.  I run Win7x64 on a Dell laptop with Symantec Endpoint Protection and MBAE.

The shutdown time took minutes instead of what is usually seconds... remaining on the blue spinning shutdown wheel screen for extended periods of time.  

Just letting you guys know that the original report is not an isolated event.

In order to necessitate the ease of use for my system, I must keep MBARW uninstalled until this can be addressed and remedied.... so with regret I must suspend my testing for the time being, but I will check back from time to time to see if any progress has been made or if any future releases/updates solve my issue.

Sorry I cannot be of any more assistance for technical feedback.  I do not maintain records.

I did also notine, the program did not appear to completely remove itself after uninstalling, leaving the Malwarebytes MBARW folder in Program Data with what I guess were config files and the likes for MBARW. So I suppose you might want to add checking that it completely uninstalls to your testing list as well.

I remain a loyal supporter of Malwarebytes, and continue to appreciate your products and your efforts.

- Faithfully

Hello faithfully:

If the MBARW team releases a newer standalone build (beta5 or above) and you have the time and inclination, please install the newer MBARW again and check for the issue you experienced.

If the long shutdown time persists, please consider posting the logs from only steps #5 and #6 of How to report a False Positive.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

I did also notine, the program did not appear to completely remove itself after uninstalling, leaving the Malwarebytes MBARW folder in Program Data with what I guess were config files and the likes for MBARW. So I suppose you might want to add checking that it completely uninstalls to your testing list as well.

That's normal, even Malwarebytes Anti-Malware leaves behind its data folder/files (as do most other software programs). The reason is so that, should you choose to reinstall the program at a later date, it will retain any changes to the default settings you might have made as well as retaining any historical logs. It's also the same reason that most software leaves behind their primary software keys and values in the registry after being uninstalled.

Hi

I have also experienced long shut down times after installing this product. My shut down time went from 9 seconds to 1 minute 13 seconds. I verified that it was the program by uninstalling and reinstalling.

I also had a problem with long start up times but this disappeared after the reinstallation.

I would also like to support "faithfully"'s comment about the amount of stuff the program leaves behind on removal, particularly the Registry entries. There should certainly be an option to totally remove the product.

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 and Avira Free anti-virus.

Hello,

As said Exile360, is normal

But you for this specialized software VS Revo Uninstaller and / or Total Uninstall

For ProgramData and AppData (hidden files. See option folders / W10 option of the File Explorer). He often drags a lot to clean

in addition to the difficult cases (bugs) Uninstall / Reinstall. You can use Trash Reg to clean the registry

Personally, I have no worries of long stop W7 / W8.1 / W10

Best Regards Mbam
Edited by AdvancedSetup
Link to Trash Reg Cleaner removed.

Hi

I have also experienced long shut down times after installing this product. My shut down time went from 9 seconds to 1 minute 13 seconds. I verified that it was the program by uninstalling and reinstalling.

I also had a problem with long start up times but this disappeared after the reinstallation.

I would also like to support "faithfully"'s comment about the amount of stuff the program leaves behind on removal, particularly the Registry entries. There should certainly be an option to totally remove the product.

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 and Avira Free anti-virus.

My loooong startup times are back now.

Greetings faithfully:

No software likes to say goodbye to your system, and in this competitive / aggressive market this is not going to change anytime soon.

Imagine if when you took out the trash some of it refused to leave, after a while it would be unmanageable.

Retailers dont care they want "Exposure" and money, all else fails short of their radar.

There are two good products that I have used for years to remove any residual crap that companies think is "ok" to leave lying around in your system.

Ccleaner is one, and has a free edition as well as pro, it works well.

My personal favorite is Revo Uninstaller Pro, also has a free version, and will uninstall the most insistent of apps or software.

Used in tandem and there is no mess or fuss.

Out of respect for Malwarebytes I will not include links to the software, but if you do download allways make sure you are downloading form the "Manufactures" or publishers site, never 3rd party. PeAcE

Back on topic please...

Nathan has stated he is looking into this and logs have been posted and other people have reported this same problem,, is there any update on this issue?!?! is it being looked into??? I don't want to be having this issue when it gets rolled into MBAW.