It cost me some patience but it is installed.

Khadijah

I'm back again, so far so good,

I restored also skype on my laptop and I add it in exclusions together with ccleaner

also I did in advance on my laptop with win 7 with the program ccleaner ( skype is not installed on my acer win 7 ) 

But had to mention on this laptop I did not have any problems with false positives so let's hope It wil remain steady now

for all my 3 systems and not surprise me again.

If so I will be back for sure 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good but the false positves are in the exclusions now and I stay follow here the topics and for now I start to understand a bit what the program does and why it is so sensitive

also I think the  Delete on Reboot should be changed  Fixed on Reboot

It suggest now it wil delete something and that one misled me and a lot with me I think

but this is not a programe like a MBAM anti malwarebyte that delete malicious files

it is something that takes your files that been ecrypted by ransome ware into quaratine 

so it is out of you system than it has to be fixed before you can restore 

The program also needs to get familliar what is on the system so it must be a hell of a job to get it right think still you all did a good job.

Also for many now moarning about things it was clear in the introduction this was not a ordanary beta but a test and also not recommanded 

that the program was installed for testing in a non production enviremont.

I think in the testing is a lot to learn about but also when red well no need to feel so negative about it as it wil not be

a program on it self but merged in the anti malware suite ( as I understood well ) 

I look forward to see how this will be goïng in the future 

I don't know if you planning another update of the beta testing but I also will test it and give my feedback in the process 

mistake 

Also for many now moarning about things it was clear in the introduction this was not a ordanary beta but a test and also not recommanded 

that the program was installed for testing in a non production enviremont.

sorry for typo's and mistakes but I cannot edit my posts   :(

Started up my desktop( Win 10 pro )  this morning and noticed on the dashboard the update was was available I installed it right away no problems 

only the bug remains you still have to start protection manually 

After that I startet my Laptop Acer with windows 7 and also the dashboard of MBARW mentioned the new beta was available updated it without any problems 

So than came the turn for my Laptop Toshiba (win 10 home )  and ....  here was the my update not available so I stopped protection ( for the first time it was already started automaticly )   and start again but nothing, I waited a while. 

So I decided just downloaded it from the topic link and just go from that point with the installation with the new beta and that went just fine it just took it at some point the same as the update and even my settings ( since I had some exclusions in the program )  where still in. 

so my experience on my 3 systems the update normally will be available already when the program is installed but it can happen sometimes it is not, and then the most easiest way is to download it from the link 

that is in the introduction.

I will just see how it goes and than I will delete the exclusions one by one to see everything is fine now on that part.

Thank you all for the hard work on this and the release of the new beta. 

;)

Just installed the Beta4 on my 3 machines had to do it all manually with the link from the introduction

It went fine on my desktop with win 10 pro

Also on my toshiba with win 10 home

but the problem came this time on the acer  with win 7

first I downloaded the file it took a very long time and the moment I want to install it was not a good installation file after all, so something went wrong 

I deleted it and I downloaded it again and this time I went fast and  I could install but almost finished it came up with one error  

It says it could not change the name of the file in the destination folder  give me options to try again, stop or ignore  

I chose ignore and the it continues like there was no error and it was normal as on my other systems.

so Beta4 up and running on  here on my 3 systems now.

:)

After a few days with the beta 4 I have no major issues

But I see a random where it comes to the manually start the protection at the start up of the system.

On my Win 10 Home en Pro most of the time it seems all right and it shows the dashboard green and its already protected

But as we all know in win 10 there is a differance between a reboot and just shut off your system and start up let's say the nex morning 

In the last case it always is good, MBARW is green  and protection is started

In the case when I have for some reason have to reboot one of my Win 10 systems ( no differance between  10 home or 10 pro )  

MBARW always come back  disabled and I have to enable it manually 

Not a big issue, but it seems just not something random, there is a habbit in it.

For my Win 7 system, mostly all the time I have to start protection manually

and that gave me no problems until this morning it came out  like this ( see my attachment ) 

So tell me... Is my Win 7 system fully protected or not?

post-193847-0-92491800-1455088327_thumb.

So here I'm again with the story of the new release of beta 5 of MBARW

I saw mentioned the beta 5 was coming up so I look into the intro topic  and yes It was there 

so I start on my desktop with Win 10 pro   that went real smooth fast and yes after it was al finished it was al enabled

I then downloaded it on my laptop toshiba with Win 10 Home and  all went fine till the point of closing down the aplication automaticly, I tried anyway but it just al went in error and I also did not see the previous 

so I installed it again no succes

I than downloaded it al from the start and try it all over again and than it went fine pfffjj  

I reboot the machine te see if it really was working out as promissed and yes it did,  everything enabled after reboot

And than came the turn of my Acer with win 7 

Take a deep breath

I downloaded it  and again came an error message leave me now an option to ignore that came to me once and ignore worked out than......not now

Ok again  retry no go

cancel

I tried a fresh download and guess what all fresh downloads came out not to be a binary file  :wacko:

What to do...........count to 10 

and just try again to install with te file wat was already downloaded 

I think that was my fifth try........................................

again the message came with cancel/ retry/ ignore

I chose ( I felt it was a tombolla or something)   retry 

closed my eyes count to 30 and opened and looked at the finish buton 

so I said For God sake please let it be good this time and I pressed finish

and.................there was...............nothing

I was kinda disapointed 

sat back looked at al the icoons on the startpage realize the startbutton of MBARW was still on it's place.

So I clicked to open it up and it opened yes 

But it was disabeled  :(  but at least it had the new version so I enabled protection  and it was fine 

I reboot the laptop to see if it was really good or just something that would stay like that

And guess......after the reboot it was perfectly well and the program was started up and enabled automaticly 

So what can I say

It cost me some patience but it is installed.......................... :D

beta 5 up and running on 

my 3 systems 

and all fine working 

• 4 weeks later...

It took me long to come back with an update her, so you could say everything was all running fine, well it was running fine at least it still is on my Toshiba with Win 10 hom 64 bit and it stil is on my Desktop with Win 10 pro 64 bit 

But the old Acer with Win 7 really give me a great burden with MBARW beta 5 

it was not so hard with the previous versions but with the beta 5  it was also a real fight to get it installed in the first place and after that it was getting real on my nerves every time I had to start up my Acer. Now

for you to know, I'm not using it often and mostly for testing things or to run something for a case that need to be done on a windows 7 so the laptop is started up  several times a week and moslty when I want to use it, I want my hands on it right to the point and that was a though one.

At start up everything started up normal on al my systems the same MBARW  is the last one to start up and apear on the task bar,  on the both win 10 that all went very fast no problem.

But the system of my acer  just could not handle it though the prevous versions gave me no problems

As I say at start up my Acer everthing loaded in and than I had to wait almost 10 minutes before MBARW apears on my task bar and in the meantime everything is frozen I can't do anything or open other programs.

Just when at least MBARW was loaded and everything was fine, nothing wrong with the program it was enabled no problems with that. Also no FP's  so I closed down and it was in the background but after closing down I stil had to wait for more than 5 minutes until the system was calm down and ready to open my browser or another program. This thing was something that made it hard to work on a fast job when was needed and I had to remove the program from my Acer. 

But I still use it without any problems on my Desktop( that one is build for heavy duty ) My laptop ( Toshiba)  is not as strong but with a 6 ram and not much jobs to run at once on it, it's also not a big deal for that one.  

I'm surprised to found out this late afternoon that Hitmanpro Alert is  stil not on the white list after this many betas 

glad it is stil in my exclusions 

I have Hitmanpro Alert running on my Desktop with Win 10 pro

and it's nog a problem just  when you make a scan and at the moment you clear it out MBARW comes up its  a ransome

and mention that it is in quarantine 

in my case HMPA was already in exclusions so no harm done 

but I was surprised since this was mentioned from the start as a FP

and that is still is not whitelisted

• 4 weeks later...

So Yesterday the update came automatic to my desktop win 10 pro  and today started up my laptop win 10 home and also with no problems for my laptop

everything went smooth no problems this round with the updates so everything fine here :)

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, Khadijah said:

I'm surprised to found out this late afternoon that Hitmanpro Alert is  stil not on the white list after this many betas 

glad it is stil in my exclusions 

I have Hitmanpro Alert running on my Desktop with Win 10 pro

and it's nog a problem just  when you make a scan and at the moment you clear it out MBARW comes up its  a ransome

and mention that it is in quarantine 

in my case HMPA was already in exclusions so no harm done 

but I was surprised since this was mentioned from the start as a FP

and that is still is not whitelisted

On my W7/64 HMPA and MBARW play very nice with each other, no problems here.

• 3 months later...

Today since longetime had a FP when updating some drivers.   

It was just the file that was in quarantine but, when you think it was strange that I could finisch the update before I restored it. 

When it was really something bad that should not be possible! 

False Positive MBaRW.JPG

Hello Khadijah:

Please carefully read the locked/pinned topic in this sub-forum, How to report a False Positive and for developer analysis, kindly attach the 3 requested .zip archives to your next reply in this thread.

If an exclusion has not already been entered, a temporary exclusion entry might then be made available to prevent a re-occurrence for your individual system.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

Thank you for your reply @1PW  , I put this in exclusions and I  found out the set-up was not completed after all since it were 3 download files at once and only 1 of those 3  had been blocked. After I put it in exclusions the update was completed fine without problems. 

here are the 3 reqeusted .zip  

radeon-crimson-16.7.3-minimalsetup-160728_web.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip