exile360

[CLOSED] - We want your feedback - New Features and Improvements

Greetings,

We are seeking assistance from visitors of this forum, both our regulars as well as new members to help us find new ways to improve the consumer/home version (both free and Premium) of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If you are willing to help then please post a reply to this thread answering the following questions:

Note: For question 1 simply choose the answer which most closely describes your level of computing and PC security knowledge; it does not have to be exact.

• On a scale of 1-5 what is your level of technical computer knowledge and expertise?
    • No technical knowledge/I rarely use a computer for anything other than email, web browsing and word processing tasks and don’t have any specific knowledge about computer security
    • Limited technical knowledge/I use Windows Update to manually install updates, I keep my browser plugins (Flash, Java etc.) up to date and I keep my antivirus and antimalware applications up to date
    • Good technical knowledge/I can install and update drivers, I am fairly comfortable making changes to the Windows Registry/I regularly perform checkup scans with manual on-demand scanners (like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, Spybot Search & Destroy etc.) and/or one or more online virus scanners to verify that my system is clean
    • Advanced technical Knowledge/I use the Services.msc interface to modify system service startups, I use the Windows Registry to make modifications to system behavior and/or startups (system ‘tweaking’), I am comfortable searching for and following instructions online for fixing issues with my PC (malware removal instructions, fixes for common Windows and software issues/error messages etc.)
    • Very Advanced Technical knowledge/ I am an IT or computer security professional and have industry knowledge of computer security, I am comfortable diagnosing and fixing most PC hardware and/or software issues on my own unassisted
  • What new feature(s) or improvement(s) would you like to see most in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? If you list more than one, please list them in order from most important to least important.
You have until February 8th, 2016 to post your responses. We will review the feedback you give us and over the coming months and years you just might see your suggestions make into our products.

Additionally, if you would like to help us decide what bugs to fix soonest in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then please read and respond to this topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help area.

Hi:

C'mon, folks!

Don't be bashful!

:D

Question 1: a "sometimes" level "4" (and sometimes a level "-4").

Question 2:

{{So, I can already see the shaking heads and wagging fingers at MBAM HQ. :lol: }}

#1 Suggestion:

Lose the puerile smileys that make MBAM GUI look like a child's game rather than a serious anti-malware application, please.

Ducking for cover,

Question 1

4 - but I always have a backup image.

Question 2

1- Include Anti-Exploit in MBAM Pro

2 - Under Dashboard

License - Add  Lifetime or Expiration Date

Database Version - Add Last Update date & time

Scan Progress - Add Last Scan date & time

Jim :ph34r:

OK...

Question 1 Answer: 5

Question 2 Answers:

1. Big one... reduce scan times

2. Give me more flexibility on notifications

3. DST bug as mentioned by DD above in post #2

If I think of others I will revise my list.

Question 1  level 4

Question 2 

I would see a package deal  wich  schould let you download the programm as an all in one  or  create a possible all in one program for 

those people whishes  all that Malwarebytes offers.

Question 1: 4

Question 2:

1- Add in a single software bundle MBAM + MBAE (I do own MBAM Pro myself but also use the MBAE version)

2 - Add a good antivirus in MBAM as a bundle solution (i.e a partnership with Bitdefender)

Question 1:

Question 2:

• Partial or full integration of MBAE;
  • Faster scanning («Pre-Scan Operations» takes up a lot of time, half the time of a «Threat Scan»);
  • Small tweaks to the UI (remove the smilies, remove the "advertising" at the bottom for Premium users).

Number 4 level.

Lower the memory level. I know MBAM is not considered an antivirus utility, but when you see how much lower the memory is in Avast, Panda, Bitdefender etc. and even MSE for that matter, I don't understand why MBAM memory cannot be lowered. Lastly include MBAE with MBAM.

Lower the memory level. I know MBAM is not considered an antivirus utility, but when you see how much lower the memory is in Avast, Panda, Bitdefender etc. and even MSE for that matter, I don't understand why MBAM memory cannot be lowered. Lastly include MBAE with MBAM.

The primary issue, believe it or not, is performance. I believe MBAM keeps its entire database loaded into memory for realtime protection, including the malware databases and lists of malicious domains and IP addresses for Malicious Website Protection. This greatly reduces the amount of time as well as CPU load when browsing the web as well as launching new processes on your system allowing MBAM to check them almost instantaneously keeping things much 'snappier' when using your PC, unlike most AVs which often create a noticeable delay when launching a process, accessing a file or performing a download since they usually need to actually 'scan' the process/file etc. and load their databases into memory to do so in order to determine if the object is malicious (that's also why you'll usually see not only a CPU spike, but also a temporary RAM usage jump in your AV's processes when accessing a folder/file for the first time). That said, performance, including RAM usage, is definitely something that we want to work on in the releases to come as we modify the architecture of our products' internal components as we do agree that there is definitely some room for improvement there; we just don't want to sacrifice CPU performance and file/process load times (as well as webpages when browsing) for reduced RAM usage because I fear far more users would notice a sluggish PC than those watching Task Manager and noting our sometimes high RAM usage (which actually only impacts system performance if the system is actually low on RAM; modern systems with larger amounts of memory are not impacted with regards to performance by processes that use higher amounts of RAN as long as there is still some wiggle room). I used to have some links about technical info on the subject of RAM usage and the myths and facts regarding how it impacts system performance. I'll see if I can dig them up for you if you'd like to know more.

2.  bundle all your services free and paid with memory useages.

I'm not exactly certain what you're referring to here in the second part of your answer, could you clarify a bit? It sounds like perhaps you're asking for all of our products to be integrated into a single product/suite which uses the same process/set of processes rather than separate processes for each, but I don't want to make assumptions without knowing for certain. Am I correct, or were you referring to something different?

By the way guys, please don't let my replies above deter you (or anyone else reading this thread) from posting your opinions and ideas. The entire purpose of my responses was to provide information about some of the issues we have considered when dealing with certain aspects of how our software performs. It does not mean at all that we will not find some happy medium or outright solution that makes everyone happy.

Bottom line, if you or anyone sees room for improvement in our software then PLEASE let us know. It's the entire reason this part of the forums exists, and more precisely is exactly why I created this very topic. The only new features we cannot build, problems we can't at least try to fix, and aspects we cannot try to improve are the ones we haven't thought of that no one mentioned to us so the more feedback the better :)!

#1 - level 5

#2 - better scan completion information, clients wants to know how long a scan will take.

#2 - detection of crypto locker, this has become a major hit or miss exercise and I end up doing complete backup of servers and desktops.

1. 4.

2. Option to shut down after a scan (on-demand or scheduled); option to turn off scanning at certain times of day, or when certain other programs are running (like backup or defrag).

Thanks for all of your feedback and ideas, it is much appreciated :). We plan to continue to create additional opportunities to make your voices heard in the future so keep an eye out for more surveys for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and our other products and tools and of course feel free to post any new ideas and requests you have for our products in this area of our forums and if you need help with any problems or bugs in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware then please post here for assistance or seek help on our official support helpdesk located here.