Malwarebytes won't run- ddraw.dll missing or corrupt

I have recently installed the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free 2.2.0.1024 on a windows 7 x64 enterprise pc and now I cannot run the program.  Every time I get an error that the program can't start because ddraw.dll is missing or corrupt.  Clean reinstall has not helped.  Repeated scans with older versions & current databases do not show infections nor does scan using other tools.  dxdiag shows that Directx is running properly.  All windows updates have been applied.  Anyone experiencing this issue?  any suggestions?

post-198345-0-42671200-1453586440_thumb.

Hello and welcome:

You wrote:

I have recently installed the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free 2.2.0.1024 on a windows 7 x64 enterprise pc and now I cannot run the program.

MBAM Consumer 2.2.0.1024 (Free or Premium) is for use only on personal home PCs.

The current version for Enterprise/Business is MBAM-Business 1.80.

So, I suggest that you might want to open a ticket at the Business Help Desk HERE.

They can assist you with installing that version of the program on an Enterprise platform (and with malware cleanup, if needed).

They can also assist with licensing.

Thank you very much,

Hi:

Thanks for the logs. :)

They show evidence of malware infection.
Further work will be needed for cleanup and repair.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

The logs also show pirated software/media.

In order to receive further help, you'll first need to remove all pirated software/media from the system in order to comply with the forum's Piracy Policy.

Then, for expert assistance, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

>>Please re-run the FRST tool after removing the pirated material, making sure to place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before scanning. Then please attach both of those new logs to your new post in the malware removal section.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair. The helper will assist you with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,

P.S. If you are a computer repair tech fixing this computer for someone else not in your household, at some point, you'll need to contact the Help Desk to obtain proper licensing, as per the EULA. (MBAM Consumer is (Free or Premium) is only for use by home users on their personal computers.) ;)

I'm just helping out a friend while visiting.  Can you elaborate on the indications of infection?  I can run run older versions malwarebytes (2.0.4) with current definitions and I find nothing.  I've used other tools as well.  Nothing found.  Everything else on the computer is fine.  The only reason it even came up was when MBAM loaded and attempted the update.  Following the update we got this error.  

Hi:

The logs show multiple system modifications consistent with possible infection or damage from infection.

Deeper work is needed to scan, diagnose and repair.

Such work cannot be performed in this area of the forum.

It is performed either in a special forum area reserved for this purpose or via the Help Desk.

In accordance with the forum's Piracy Policy, you'll need to remove the pirated materials/software from the system.

Then, the additional work with a trained malware expert can be performed, following the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

Thanks again,

• Root Admin

2016-01-16 14:43 - 2016-01-16 15:11 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\Joe Fournier\Downloads\Ant.Man.2015.720p.HDRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
2016-01-16 14:40 - 2016-01-16 14:41 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\Joe Fournier\Downloads\Creed.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
2016-01-16 14:37 - 2016-01-16 14:59 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\Joe Fournier\Downloads\The.Martian.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG

Please remove illegal content before opening a topic for cleanup.   Thanks