Java installed "New Tab by Yahoo" Are you sure?

MrToad2

Java installed "New Tab by Yahoo" to Firefox when I was not paying sufficient attention during update...My bad. Getting rid of it was a royal pain. Sure would have been nice if MBAE had kicked up an, "Are you sure?" window.

Left the following instruction on my review of this add-on to help others get rid of it without the trial and error I went through.

"HOW TO REMOVE THIS MALWARE In Win7 Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions\*gibberish*@jetpack.xpi
delete the @jetpack.xpi you find"

Perhaps there's something there that might help in writing an, "Are you sure?" block in MBAE.

Please note that java is NASTY but necessary, so this is a very widespread problem.

I knew not to allow the yahoo option and java update offered me that option with their recommended option being to install it...Had I been paying attention, it wouldn't have happened...but the same is true of many annoying exploits and toolbars...people get busy and miss things.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.