Anti-Exploit is blocking our Barracuda SSL/VPN client (java-based) from loading. 

Error attempting to add to exclusion list:  "Selected threat does not contain a valid payload checksum, it cannot be added into exclusion list."

Is there a way we can add an exclusion for this (other than simply turning off the Java shield, completely).

Log files are attached.

Anti-Exploit version is 1.08.2.1045.

Archived log alert:

"2016-01-19T21:37:29.090-05:00";"USERNAME";"5748";"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\java.exe";"4648";"jp2launcher.exe";"3";"701";"207";"";"";"";"";"";"";"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe \C echo %USERDNSDOMAIN%";"";"";"";""

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zip

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately there's no way to currently white-list this behavior. Allowing a browser-based Java instance to execute system commands is about as bad as an idea as it gets.

We are working on a way to allow this within internal/private IP ranges but it is not yet ready. In the meantime feel free to deactivate the Java shield if you absolutely need this functionality (which I would be very wary of).

I'll update this thread when we have a version ready to whitelist internal/private IP ranges.

PS: moving to the ForBusiness support section.

Hello esherret,

1.09 is available for testing with the new setting Pedro mentioned in this posts. You can find it here:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/y506ua4jdgrds490kg6g6k3qc76qb4y3

The setting will be under advanced settings>Java> Allow insecure java Operation on internal ranges. If you test it and it fixes the issue, please let us know so we can get some feedback on this!

Thank you,

Any update on this? I have the same issue but cannot find the "Allow insecure java Operation on internal pages" setting. I'm using Anti Exploit for Business 1.08.2.2572 with Management console.