Hello,

I got a problem with my pc, once in a month my pc is infected, and i run Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes then finds this trojan/virus called backdoor-agent.

I delete it, but it keeps coming back.

I have some files in my "Local Temp" files, (my temporary files, from the internet) which i cant delete.

I think that the backdooragent is hiding in the Local Temp files, but i am not sure.

Can someone please help me, if you need more information, just ask me.

Greetings,

Joris

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Sorry your having issues with your computer, and yes someone can help you, you just need to follow the instructions below to get help in the correct section of the forum.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Hi need no help with any cleanup or problems.

Would like to report that after Norton Internet Security performed a scan it informed me that backdoor.regin was located in a Malwarebytes temp file.

Of course could not rescue the file.  it was located in the root of Malwarebytes/00001263.temp and was deleted by NIS.  Just wondering about the file being located in the root ??? Any thoughts on this ?

MBAM does a lot of malicious website blocking for me.

Yesterday was firefox outbound while was browsing images needed for a website while holding 11megs of thumbs so says MS when cleaned up.

ANy who.....the query is how did this end up in the root as a temp file or why Norton found this temp file as backdoor.regin ?

Regards

1) Maximus VI Extreme - i7 4790K@4.0ghz,32gig Gskill Trident X 2400,MSI R7970 Twin Frozr III Factory OC,Corsair 240g SSD, Corsair W/C H801,3TB Sam,Win10x64, MBAM, NIS,

Hello and welcome, @Pkshadow:

You wrote:

Hi need no help with any cleanup or problems.
Would like to report that after Norton Internet Security performed a scan it informed me that backdoor.regin was located in a Malwarebytes temp file.
Of course could not rescue the file.  it was located in the root of Malwarebytes/00001263.temp and was deleted by NIS.  Just wondering about the file being located in the root ??? Any thoughts on this ?
MBAM does a lot of malicious website blocking for me.
Yesterday was firefox outbound while was browsing images needed for a website while holding 11megs of thumbs so says MS when cleaned up.
ANy who.....the query is how did this end up in the root as a temp file or why Norton found this temp file as backdoor.regin ?
Regards
1) Maximus VI Extreme - i7 4790K@4.0ghz,32gig Gskill Trident X 2400,MSI R7970 Twin Frozr III Factory OC,Corsair 240g SSD, Corsair W/C H801,3TB Sam,Win10x64, MBAM, NIS,

Each computer is unique. Problems that sound "the same" often are not. The same is true for the solution. ;)

So it's generally better to start a new forum post, rather than to join an open thread started by another user....

The problem you report is actually different from that reported by the OP.
The issue you report has been a longstanding problem with Norton.
There are many threads about it, such as HERE and HERE
It has been discussed at the Norton forums, as well, HERE and HERE
The problem is with Norton, not with Malwarebytes....

On the other hand, if the information and links above do not explain or resolve your issue, and/or if you think you might be infected, then you might want to get a bit of free, expert help checking and cleaning the system.
To do that, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

Yes it is not the exact same topic but it was the closest one to it without opening a new thread which I did not want to do.

As for the here and here stuff and people saying no such thing as a temp file well they are wrong.

Yes it is a Norton issue.   This thread should be closed if going to be so specific to a name and not the general problem of temp files.

Plus a follow up on next day for temp files on my system

Filename: 00013676.tmp
Threat name: Trojan.Killproc!genFull Path: d:\utilities\malwarebytes anti-malware\00013676.tmp
1/24/2016 at 2:01:52 PM
Last Used
1/24/2016 at 2:03:52 PM

A response from MBAM Support.

"We load temp files during start up and those should be deleted automatically. Either way, Norton needs to fix any items their software detects as threats, we cannot fix it."

So again to all that say there is no temp files you have been proven wrong from history and by MBAM Support.

This thread should be closed or amalgamated with one of the NEXT threads.

Regards.