Russian Adware

A100

Random russian adwares suddenly show in my laptop AND mobile. The problem is different but the ads are the same in both.

In my laptop, randomly some russian ads show, like in 1 out of 15 websites I visit, and it doesn't let me visualize my school's site(Blackboard) which seems to use some java stuff. When I want to close the ads, random sites pop out.

In my cell phone, I just can't browse in any site, none. The moment I open the browser it starts to vibrate and show ads and I just cant do anything on the browser.

I have tried Google Chrome(first infected), then downloaded Mozilla Firefox(worked for 2 hours then it got infected) on both laptop and mobile.  I have ran scans with Malware Antibytes Free, AVG Free, Panda Free, Adware Removal, Junkware Removal, McAffee Free, and none detects any problem.
The weird thing is that both laptop and mobile got infected at the same time (when I moved to a new house and changed to a different Wi-Fi Connection).

I'm currenty using a different Wi fi connection and this is what happened:
1.  I connected to new Wi fi, used Chrome but ads were still there.

2. Then, I cleared the browsing history,cache and all that stuf in Chrome, in both laptop and mobile.

3. Ads were gone. I can now browse without ads and use my school's site. (Using the different Wi fi connection)

It seems to be like a temporary file or some cache stuff, but whenever I use my home Wi fi the ads come back, what should I do?

We need to eliminate the possibility of infected router so you'll need to reset it. Some routers can be restored to factory defaults without physical access, by entering router settings through your browser. But disadvantage of this way is that WiFi usually gets turned off by restoring your router to factory defaults so you'll need to access its setting through computer connected to router via cable.

We need to eliminate the possibility of infected router so you'll need to reset it. Some routers can be restored to factory defaults without physical access, by entering router settings through your browser. But disadvantage of this way is that WiFi usually gets turned off by restoring your router to factory defaults so you'll need to access its setting through computer connected to router via cable.

Hi, Im also experiencing but with a mac, Would love your help:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/177631-malware-adware-not-detected-by-mamw-for-mac/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!