MBAM not opening upon restarting Windows 10.

Hi Forum, I have a problem with MBAM in that the program does not start when I start or restart Windows 10, logging off then on more often than not correct this but usually I have to manually start the program.

I have run FRST & MBAM check & have attached the files to my post.

Am running Windows 10 pro 64bit fully patched, Norton Security w/ Backup, CCleaner pro. These are the only programs I can think of which may affect MBAM. MBAM & Norton are excluded in each others respective programs.

If you require more information I'll be happy to post further.

Thanks in advance.

Virginia/Doctor9fan.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

Did you get your license issue sorted out?

Looks like this computer is having other issues that can't be addressed in this section of the forum, follow the instructions below to get help from one of our experts to help you sort it out.

There are items that need to be cleaned out, this may be due to an infection or previous infection. Also the logs show you as having two antivirus programs running at the same time.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Yes licence sorted out.

As for more than one AV software I only have Norton security with backup, previously I had Norton Internet security but that was removed. I have since uninstalled & reinstalled Norton using their uninstaller.

Windows 10 has been mixed for me.

Will check out the link for help.

Thanks.

Thanks Firefox, defender is disabled by Norton & the settings are greyed out, as for the MBAM not starting when Windows starts I have found that if I turn off user account control, restarted & MBAM started with Windows - in fact the first program in the taskbar - to be sure I did this restart 3 times & 3 times MBAM started, I then turned on UAC & restarted & MBAM still started, restarted again & now everything is fine.

Will consider your other suggestion for posting in the malware removal forum, laptop not acting strange so will see how things go.

@@Doctor9fan

go to the other post & see the last two posts please .thx.

this one: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/175835-error-code-403-when-i-want-submit-my-licence/#entry1012238

@yardbird: :)

This is @Doctor9fan's thread that she was asked to create.

@Firefox has provided the advice for her.

There's no need to send her back to another thread started by another user.

I mean no disrespect, but it would be best if the OP were to follow @Firefox's advice.

Thank you for your understanding,

Problems fixed now by turning off defender completely & with MBAM not starting with Windows I turned off UAC & upon restart MBAM started first, tested several times & MBAM always started as it should, I then turned UAC back on & restarted & MBAM continued to start with Windows - even after another restart.

Glad for everyone's help & advice.

Glad to hear you go that sorted out.

Its up to you as this is your computer, if you like why not run the FRST tool once again and get us a fresh set of logs to review. One should not have to disable UAC to get Malwarebytes to work correctly. Make sure you checkmark the to include the addition.txt and repost the logs.