[SOLVED] Chrome won't load tabs when MBAE active

Scine

Hi

As many others I've had error 0xc0000135 when starting Chrome. I fixed it once by the restart/uninstall/restart/install sequence using mbae-1.08.1.1045.

A week later the error came back and I did another reinstall, but now with mbae-1.08.1.1185.

This time I have got a new problem. Chrome is starting but tabs are not loading / restoring. After a while Chrome ask if I want to wait or kill the tabs.

If I deactivate Chrome in the Sheilds tab in MBAE gui everything is working fine.

Attaching all files from C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

PS. Had to activate Flash and allow it to access Internet just to attache a file to this post. You of all?

Hello,

I just wanted to verify and add that I am having the the exact same issue as stated by the OP with MBAE 1.08.1.1185:

Chrome is starting but tabs are not loading / restoring. After a while Chrome ask if I want to wait or kill the tabs.

If I deactivate Chrome in the Sheilds tab in MBAE gui everything is working fine.

The initial tab when opening Chrome just stays in the always opening state, with the Kill/Wait window popping up eventually, Clicking "Kill" does nothing. I can open other tabs but they will not let you navigate to any web pages, basically the newly opened tabs will do nothing. The original tab never fully loads.

I am on the most recent version of both Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (Version 1511 - OS Build 10586.36) and Chrome Dev Channel 64 bit (49.0.2612.0 dev-m (64-bit)).

The only other security software that is running is ESET Smart Security 9.0.349.14.

I have reverted back to the stable 1.08.1.1045 version for the time being as it has no issues.

Wah.. I decided to check with 32-bit and 32-bit Slimjet works.. No problem at all.

So, all please check with 32-bit Chrome (Slimjet being based on Chrome engine, Chrome 32-bit also should work, anyway I will also check Chrome too)..

Phew.. that was really a find.. @Pedro, the problem now seems to be isolated to 64-bit Chrome.. Hope this helps..

Yes.. 32-bit Chrome works..

When Avast Safezone browser was working (based on Chrome engine), I would have got this, if I had checked the process explorer for the specific dll injection type, and it sure now points to 32-bit dll injection and no wonder, now Slimjet & Chrome are fine under 32-bit..

So, All, you can now remain with 1185 build, with 32-bit Chrome, until problem with 64-bit is taken care of by @Pedro..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. it now works with 64 bit Slimjet (chrome engine), though I haven't checked with Google Chrome 64 bit, as I need to re-download & install the 64 bit version..

Works with other Edge, FF, IE etc. Great work, indeed.. Congrats to MBAE team..

PS : Had to ignore 'Smartscreen' alert, to install 1187 build (though, there were no such alerts with earlier builds..