Paid for Premium Now Trial

I purchased mbam way before 2015, and was able to use my password to activate Premium. Now while trying to install on a new computer, using my old installer v2.0.4, whenever I update the program, it sets it to the trial version of the newer mbam. I was not aware that I would have to repurchase the product some time future. Was this deliberate, or is there a reasonable solution to this? Could I have someone, an admin preferably, address this please.

Hi  Welcome to Malwarebytes,  Did you purchase the product from Malwarebytes or thru another seller? 

EDIT: I sorry your having a problem. I've never seen anyone use a  password to activate Premium?  Do you have an order no.?  Until I get you support please feel free to take a look at this link

https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/en/portal/articles/1835315-how-do-i-activate-malwarebytes-anti-malware-?b_id=6438

regards

I am guessing that the original poster meant the program KEY and not a password.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The KEY is required to activate the program.  Providing that it was purchased from a legitimate source and that you have a valid key, simply re-enter it and the trial will become the Premium version.  If you no longer have the key, you would need to open a ticket with Malwarebytes Support, and they can tell you what information you need to provide so that they can verify your key and provide it to you.

@yardbird:  Sorry for stepping on your toes.

I am guessing that the original poster meant the program KEY and not a password.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The KEY is required to activate the program.  Providing that it was purchased from a legitimate source and that you have a valid key, simply re-enter it and the trial will become the Premium version.  If you no longer have the key, you would need to open a ticket with Malwarebytes Support, and they can tell you what information you need to provide so that they can verify your key and provide it to you.

@yardbird:  Sorry for stepping on your toes.

No Prob! gonzo thx. for jumping in! 

I don't wish to step on anyone's toes, either....

... but:

@Jillinger --

There is no need to use an old version 2.0.x installer from 2014.

The current version is 2.2.0.1024.

I suggest trying these steps (please follow them carefully, rebooting when prompted by the removal tool): MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

The only difference for the "transfer" is that you will deactivate/uninstall from the "old" computer, and then download/install/activate on the "new one".

1) If your valid, 1-PC, lifetime MBAM Consumer license was purchased before March 2014 (and possibly, from some legit sources after that), then you need both a Key AND an ID to activate MBAM Premium.  IOW, the older licenses had both an ID and a Key.  The license info will be in an email sent by cleverbridge at the time of purchase (if you bought it from the Malwarebytes store).

See here for information and a video: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

2) Are you getting any specific error: 403, 404 or other?  It would help to know the exact wording, and/or a screenshot.  Most license issues must be resolved at the Help Desk, but there are a few problems we might be able to resolve here in the forum.

Thanks,

I am guessing that the original poster meant the program KEY and not a password.

Correct!

Sorry I used the wrong terminology - password. It's really an ID and Key. I don't know if any of you guys have been using mbam for more than a year, but the mbam of today has a slightly new makeover. The old mbam had a text box for both ID and Key. As soon as you fill each box, if the entry is legit, a tick appeared next to the box. When you hit activate, you're through. 

The KEY is required to activate the program.  Providing that it was purchased from a legitimate source and that you have a valid key,

Yes, I do have a legitimate ID and Key, and I have the mail to prove it. The website still looks the same as it did two years ago. I've been using Malwarebytes products since File Assassin back in the 90s. They always had good stuff.

There is no need to use an old version 2.0.x installer from 2014.

The Id and Key worked on the old version ,,, until I updated, and my computer rebooted. Then I got the message below.

simply re-enter it and the trial will become the Premium version.

I did try installing the new version before, and I got the same message I am getting now, when I use my product key and id:

Error code 403 The usage level has exceeded the max volume allowed

There is a problem with your license key and we are unable to activate your license. Please check your license details and try entering your key again.

If you continue to have trouble, please contact Malwarebytes Support for assistance.

Which seems to indicate that if I installed it more than x times, then it would not work. I will do as the message suggested and contact the support team to verify. Then I will carefully read the license agreement.

Thanks for replying guys.