Detection according OS?

Hello and :welcome: :

If I understand your question correctly, MBAM (Free or Premium) (Home/Consumer version) detects & removes malware the same on all supported versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).

Having said that, every computer is unique.

There may be a reason why something is or is not detected on a specific system.

Tech specs

More info about v2.2.0 HERE
Version 2.2.0 Release History HERE
User Guide ONLINE
User Guide PDF
FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Does that answer your question, or do you need more help? :)

Thanks,

That question can't be answered because the object being detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program ( PUP ) is not defined.

Excellent point, Dave. :)

@Hijin25, if you still need help, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt), for one computer at a time.

Thanks,

Hi:

Thank you for the logs.

EDIT:  I did not see your second post with the Win10 logs.  Each computer is unique.

------------------------------------

For the Win7 computer:

We will need to wait for someone expert to review them.

But I do not see anything bad on them, and the MBAM scan is clean.

One notable finding is the errors from the Windows Search Service.

This has nothing to do with MBAM itself.

But you might want to see if this tutorial fixes it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/windows_search

For the Win10 computer:

Yes, there is a PUP in quarantine.

If you think that MBAM detected this PUP by mistake ("False Positive"), please post the MBAM scan log in a NEW, separate post HERE.

The Research team will analyze the information and advise you.

---------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I understand your original question. :(

Perhaps you ask why a PUP would be detected on one computer and not on another, different computer?

If so, the answer would not be the result of one system running Win10 and the other running Win7.

As David noted, you mentioned a PUP.

PUPs are "legal" programs that the user has somehow installed or allowed to become installed on the computer.

They are not malware in a strict sense.

Many of them come as "freebies" with other, legal software.

If the user does not "opt-out" of the PUP during the setup wizard, it ends up being installed.

This explains more: What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats, and should they be deleted?

So, if you have a PUP on one computer and not on a different computer, it probably means that:

• the user somehow installed the PUP on the system on which MBAM finds it; and
  • the user did not install the PUP on the other computer.

I hope this helps,

In regards to...

PUP.Optional.MultiPlug, C:\Users\Profesor\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\CivilCAD Demo para AutoCAD 2013-2014 64 Bits - Auto Update.lnk, En cuarentena, [53e97f2c0487cc6af902bb5b44c040c0], 

Just because you think the two systems, Windows 7 and Windows 10, have the same software doesn't mean they are equal.

The above "PUP.Optional.MultiPlug" detection is for a Link File ( .LNK ) located in the Start Menu and is not the actual PUP, just a pointer to it and the actual target of the LNK file is not shown in the log.

thank you very much for your help and attention.

To stay a little calmer and remove all doubt, is there any way to know if malwarebytes is working properly?

I mean if there is any evidence that can be done to check the detection program. As test files.