Mac Defender Not Deleting

MacDefender keeps showing up in log after multiple scans.  I deleted five times using MB and when I check trash, the MB folder with the alleged malware file is empty.  I show invisible items by default and it is still empty.  I have searched the hard drive and nothing shows.  I restart as specified and the MB scan repeatedly keeps showing Mac Defender as on my computer each scan.  malaware.jpg

• Staff

There is a minor issue right now with false positives for login items in certain rare cases. This does no harm, and nothing is improperly removed, but it does cause these false detections. You can safely ignore that. We're working on the problem, and will release the fix in the next version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.

It's extremely unlikely that you would have MacDefender on your computer, as it has been extinct for several years. If you did, more than the login item would have been detected.