Extremely high CPU usage with malwarebytes, help

I have noticed this in the past too on another system when running full customised scans using MBbytes, my cpu usage hits the roof and as i overclock my cpu that isnt a good thing, a little program like malwarebytes should hardly even put a dent in my cpu usage (intel 6th generation i7 6700K), but no, it runs the full scan and it knocks the cpu usage off the scale, thats not right at all.

I checked in windows task manager/cpu performance tab/processes and also cpuz too and both say the same thing, the CPU is getting fully blasted to 100% usage during the full malwarebytes scan :( not good at all :(

surely there must be a way to make the usage throttle right down of malwarebytes as that is simply not right ?

I have included the 3 attached files you will ask me for, thank you.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hello:

I have noticed this in the past too on another system when running full customised scans using MBbytes,

Thanks for the logs -- they contain quite a few system and application errors (unrelated to MBAM), so we'll need to wait for a Malwarebytes staff member or a more expert forum helper to review them.

(And you mentioned in your other thread HERE that you were having other problems with your recent Win10 upgrade - performed on 12/23/2015?)

Until then, just one thing:

• Routine, full, "custom" MBAM scans of all mounted volumes and drives is neither necessary nor recommended.  The Threat scan is the recommended and default scan type, as it will scan all places where live malware is likely to hide.
    • Full, custom scans of all drives/volumes is a task better suited to your antivirus.
    • Any scan is just a "second opinion", looking for malware that already made it past your realtime protection with MBAM and your AV.  The key protection component of MBAM Premium is the realtime protection to help PREVENT infection. ;)

Having said all that, please wait for someone to review your logs and advise you further. Until then...

• It would helpful if you could please ATTACH the recent MBAM SCAN log to your next reply in this thread.
    • Please let us know if you need help locating, exporting or attaching the scan log.

Thanks for your patience (please be mindful of the fact that today is Christmas and many folks here are on holiday),

Thanks.

Please ATTACH the recent MBAM SCAN log to your next reply in this thread.

Please let us know if you need help locating, exporting or attaching the scan log.

Then, please wait for someone to assist you.

Alternatively, since you mentioned in your other thread that you have logged a ticket at the Help Desk, they can assist you there with both your licensing and your technical support issues.

Thanks again,

Hello:

Thanks for the logs -- they contain quite a few system and application errors (unrelated to MBAM), so we'll need to wait for a Malwarebytes staff member or a more expert forum helper to review them.

(And you mentioned in your other thread HERE that you were having other problems with your recent Win10 upgrade - performed on 12/23/2015?)

Until then, just one thing:

• Routine, full, "custom" MBAM scans of all mounted volumes and drives is neither necessary nor recommended.  The Threat scan is the recommended and default scan type, as it will scan all places where live malware is likely to hide.
    • Full, custom scans of all drives/volumes is a task better suited to your antivirus.
    • Any scan is just a "second opinion", looking for malware that already made it past your realtime protection with MBAM and your AV.  The key protection component of MBAM Premium is the realtime protection to help PREVENT infection. ;)

Having said all that, please wait for someone to review your logs and advise you further. Until then...

• It would helpful if you could please ATTACH the recent MBAM SCAN log to your next reply in this thread.
    • Please let us know if you need help locating, exporting or attaching the scan log.

Thanks for your patience (please be mindful of the fact that today is Christmas and many folks here are on holiday),

Thanks.

Please ATTACH the recent MBAM SCAN log to your next reply in this thread.

Please let us know if you need help locating, exporting or attaching the scan log.

Then, please wait for someone to assist you.

Alternatively, since you mentioned in your other thread that you have logged a ticket at the Help Desk, they can assist you there with both your licensing and your technical support issues.

Thanks again,

ok

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hi:

Thanks for those logs again.
But that's not what I asked for.
You already posted the FRST and mbam-check logs. :)

I asked for a MBAM SCAN log. ;)

Let's try this, please:

How to get SCAN logs or PROTECTION logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post), OR on the PROTECTION LOG showing the detection you are reporting (or the one that you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your saved scan or protection log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Please attach the saved SCAN log to your next reply here in this thread.

Thank you again,

Hi:

Thanks for those logs again.

But that's not what I asked for.

You already posted the FRST and mbam-check logs. :)

I asked for a MBAM SCAN log. ;)

Let's try this, please:

How to get SCAN logs or PROTECTION logs:

(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post), OR on the PROTECTION LOG showing the detection you are reporting (or the one that you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your saved scan or protection log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Please attach the saved SCAN log to your next reply here in this thread.

Thank you again,

ok thanks, I deleted those logs in history sorry,  but i have just done another scan and it also fully blasted my cpu usage too just as I detailed in my first post, but anyways, here is that file that may be of use >>>>>

one just done and same issue as described in post one of this thread.txt

Hi:

Deleting logs while troubleshooting is probably not a great idea.  The data in the logs can be helpful.

Having said that, the scan completed in a reasonable amount of time.

As mentioned, routine, full, "custom" MBAM scans of all mounted volumes and drives is neither necessary nor recommended.  The Threat scan is the recommended and default scan type, as it will scan all places where live malware is likely to hide.

• A full, custom scan of all drives/volumes is a task better suited to your antivirus.

At this point, you might try disabling the global settings for ARCHIVE & ROOTKIT scanning (Dashboard > Settings > Detection and Protection > Detection Options) and (more importantly) doing the same when you configure your Custom Scan.

Other than that, given that you are dealing with both licensing and technical issues, the best bet might be to wait for assistance with your open Help Desk ticket.  The Support team members at the Help Desk have direct access to the QA team and devs.
To help your Support team member get up to speed, you may wish to provide them with both of these links to your forum topics:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/176705-extremely-high-cpu-usage-with-malwarebytes-help/https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/176683-installed-windows-10-and-now-malwarebytes-premium-2021012-wont-take-the-lifelong-id-and-key/

Thanks again,

P.S. Normally, there's no need to quote the previous reply, especially if there are only 2 people on a thread.  If you could please use the vEsOWqp.png button, instead of the JlJ2Op6.png button, it would be easier for folks to follow the thread. Thanks! :)

Since you now report *3* computers with resource issues and another with licensing issues, the best bet will be to follow-up with your Help Desk ticket.

The Help Desk team will work with you to resolve your "403" license issue, and they have access to the QA team and devs to work on your reported CPU issues.

Thanks again,

yep, 3 tries on 3 different pc's, the Malwarebytes I have worked fine on the 3 of them, two are just test machines (old windows 7 laptop and the other an old windows 7 desktop) then I switched to this new system which had windows 7 but now 10, the program still works but it locks options out, that's what I have been going on about all along, so although it works its not fully working which is a pity :(

p.s, yes the support ticket staff are trying to deal with things for me, so we shall see how they get on.

p.p.s, I will ask them to keep any eye out for this thread too, thanks.