Installed windows 10 and now malwarebytes premium 2.0.2.1012 wont take the 'LifeLong' ID and KEY ?

as the title says " just Installed windows 10 x64 and now malwarebytes premium 2.0.2.1012 wont take my 'LifeLong' ID and KEY" that I have been happily using now for at least a year or two I think it is going by my last post in this forum its certainly from early 2014 "at least" that I have been using.

Can someone help me please as I keep getting a nagging screen coming up saying there is a new program update and as normal I select yes and take it and then it rejects my ID and Key codes, whats going on, can someone help a.s.a.p as I cant get updating my definitions or nothing and my system now has adware from unknow places :(

p.s, it looks like its now also took off 'real time protection' and 'malicious website protection' too and even when I enable the options they both stay disabled, helppp :(

post-158179-0-61994200-1450983602_thumb.

Hi:

Welcome.
First, version 2.0.2.1012 is very old and outdated (it was released in May 2014) -- the current program version is 2.2.0.1024 for home users.
Second, something likely went awry with your OS upgrade to Win10, especially if you did not first temporarily uninstall MBAM before upgrading Windows.

So, let's do this, to get to a clean starting point and to get you upgraded to the current program version:

• Please carefully follow all the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x -- it's very important to reboot when prompted by the removal tool and it won't hurt to reboot again after reinstalling.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

While we review your logs, what is the exact, specific error message or code you get when you try to activate?

"Error code 403"?

"Error code 404"?

"Must be connected to the internet"?

"Unable to connect to server"?

etc

Can you please attach a screen shot to show us?

ALSO:

Please reboot the computer one more time. The logs show that the system needs a reboot to complete the upgrade:

Pending File Rename Operations:
================================
If any Malwarebytes Anti-Malware items are listed below, the user must reboot to complete a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware upgrade installation.
Pending File Rename Operations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
    PendingFileRenameOperations    REG_MULTI_SZ    \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll.old

ok I rebooted and tried all again and I have added a screenshot, I can see now it says "403 error licence key is blacklisted".

Hows that happen if I have been using the same thing now on the two previous of Malwarebytes ?? They upgraded no problem, infact version '2.0.2.1012' actually works on this windows 10 x64 too apart from the faults and the lack of certain things like I explained earlier, it even allows me to fully activate it and everything, the whole lot.

OK, that information helps a lot. :)

Malwarebytes has been enforcing anti-piracy on their licenses for some time now.

The "403" error means that there is a problem with your license.

Unfortunately, the only folks who can help with the "403" error code are the Support folks at the help desk.
We here at the forum do not have access to the necessary information to resolve such an error.

So:

• If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
    • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.
  • If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
    • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
      • Name of purchaser
      • Email address of purchaser
      • Date of purchase
      • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT malwarebytes online store)
      • MBAM license ID and Key information
      • Screen shots of any error messages or other dialogs
  • Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.
  • Because of the Christmas holiday, it may be a bit longer before a Support Team member replies to your help desk ticket. Sorry.

>>In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM.

>> The setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues, but there is only 1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version.

>>If you have not yet already used the MBAM 2.2.0.1024 Trial on this particular computer, you should be able to cleanly reinstall again.

>>The Trial will be offered by default, unless you either already used it or cancelled it before it had run out.

>>If you already used the Trial or cancelled it, then you will need to get by with the Free version until the Help Desk can resolve your license issue, or you will need to purchase a new license (safest place is the Malwarebytes Online Store).

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

My personal recommendation would be to CLEANLY reinstall and use the 14-day Trial of 2.2.0.1024.

It has all the full features for 14 days.

It will revert to the Free version after that, if it is not activated with a valid license.

But it will give you realtime protection for the 14 days, until the license problem is sorted.

Your CheckResults.txt log says that you have NOT yet used the Trial.

So that would be the best option, and you should be offered the Trial by default during the setup wizard.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll either need to limp along with MBAM Free, or purchase a new license.

There's nothing else we can do here directly at the forum, unfortunately.

>>>>>The older program versions are NOT compatible with Windows10<<<<<<

Thanks again,

My personal recommendation would be to CLEANLY reinstall and use the 14-day Trial of 2.2.0.1024.

It has all the full features for 14 days.

It will revert to the Free version after that, if it is not activated with a valid license.

But it will give you realtime protection for the 14 days, until the license problem is sorted.

Your CheckResults.txt log says that you have NOT yet used the Trial.

So that would be the best option, and you should be offered the Trial by default during the setup wizard.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll either need to limp along with MBAM Free, or purchase a new license.

There's nothing else we can do here directly at the forum, unfortunately.

>>>>>The older program versions are NOT compatible with Windows10<<<<<<

Thanks again,

Ok thanks, I might well take the free trial then and wait, its a pity about windows 10, if I knew updating my operating system from 7 to 10 was going to cause issues l simply wouldn't have bothered, but this isn't the only problem with windows 10, In general it is great but they are still working on some problem things, I still think I should have just stayed with win 7 though, too late now.