PUPS removal changed system

Recently I searched for the 'free' version of inSIDDER to see if I could identify any channel issues on my wifi netowrk.  I had not been able to find this version on the vender website; so using the DuckDuckGo search engine I searched for 'free inSIDDer' and downloaded it.  The installation was very slow and my AV software (Avast) reported it could be couterfeit.  I ran Malwarebytes Premium manually and it reported just under 450 PUPs and quananteened them.  Also then did a full scan with Avast; it didn't find anything.

I am now finding that I needed to run MBAM Premium manually since it is gone from the MSCONFIG file; so I re-ran the setup but it is still missing from MSCONFIG (won't load automatically).  I hope the system is clean but I'm concerned about vulnerabilities (Security Center was also not starting).  I'm certain about the loss of items in MSCONFIG since I had been reviewing them the day before.  MBAM was not uncheked; but missing from the file.

Needless to say I want to see that the system is clean and running properly; I'm concerned there may still be some malware.

Regards, and thanks for any assistance.

Tom

Recently I searched for the 'free' version of inSIDDER to see if I could identify any channel issues on my wifi netowrk.  I had not been able to find this version on the vender website; so using the DuckDuckGo search engine I searched for 'free inSIDDer' and downloaded it.  The installation was very slow and my AV software (Avast) reported it could be couterfeit.  I ran Malwarebytes Premium manually and it reported just under 450 PUPs and quananteened them.  Also then did a full scan with Avast; it didn't find anything.

I am now finding that I needed to run MBAM Premium manually since it is gone from the MSCONFIG file; so I re-ran the setup but it is still missing from MSCONFIG (won't load automatically).  I hope the system is clean but I'm concerned about vulnerabilities (Security Center was also not starting).  I'm certain about the loss of items in MSCONFIG since I had been reviewing them the day before.  MBAM was not uncheked; but missing from the file.

Needless to say I want to see that the system is clean and running properly; I'm concerned there may still be some malware.

Regards, and thanks for any assistance.

Tom

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Search.txt

Hello and Welcome Back!

First off have a read through this topic: Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager. (Malwarebytes Premium will not show up in the MSConfig startup section).

You did not mention if your using the Paid for version of Malwarebytes Premium or the Free Version.  If its the Free version it will not start with windows, and only Manual scans can be run (unless you are in the 14 day trial period). That being said....

Since you want to make sure your not still infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

KenW,

I got an email from MegaGeek and they no longer have a 'free' version.  Told me they were going to make a statement on their website but you may want to contact them.  I do encourage you to do that; they are the experts in what products they have.

They did mention they are having a problem with people re-poackaging their old 'free' product.

Tom C

The way Malwarebytes starts/services has changes since version 2.x.

To Clean install the latest version

Let's try this first....

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I know they do not have a free vesion anymore. The site I posted still has one although I can't say for how long.

So far I haven't found a problem with it..

I haven't looked through my backups to see if I have a copy of the last two versions. Probably couldn't post it legaly because

of copyright.

I looked to see how much they want for the "home". Don't think it was too expensive.

Someone will come along with a similar program, some year!!