windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Hello. The other day i got a random popup as i was chilling on my pc and it said that i had to restart my pc because some MBAR modules were corrupted/missing. I didn't give it much attention so i restarted my pc. And boom. It enters recovery mode and cannot normal OR safe mode boot anymore...I checked the logs from the recovery mode and it said that the mbamswissarmy.sys is missing. Why do you guys install such files in windows directories and also, why the hell cannot my pc start, i mean, my windows installation is on C: and the problem appeared on the D: drive...(it's a partition though, maybe that's the answer lol). Anyways, can you guys provide a solid solution to this? I cannot afford to lose the data on my pc :(

Hello Wavess:

The file mbamswissarmy.sys is an MBAM/OS kernel level driver that must be located where it is so as to afford the actions/protections your system requires. From the description in your post your system requires restoral actions that are not permitted in this sub-forum.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

Thank you.