Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Malwarebytes for the MAC

• Staff

Owen,

No, OS X 10.11.2 should allow you to drag things to the Applications folder.

I assume you are dragging the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon from the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.dmg disk image onto the Applications folder icon shown here:

mbam-dmg-apps.png

If that is correct, and it's not working, try double-clicking the Applications folder icon shown in that window. Does it open the Applications folder? If so, is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware already there?

• Staff

Open the Terminal app (found in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder). In the Terminal, paste or type the following command:

ls -al /

(Note that the command contains lowercase Ls, not the number 1.)

What does the line showing the Applications folder looks like? On a typical system, it should look something like this:

drwxrwxr-x+   99 root    admin    3366 Dec 10 12:13 Applications

• 2 months later...

Hello treed and owen 938,

I was alerted to "Malwarebytes for Mac" last month by my son-in-law whose profession is in commercial IT support albeit in a Windows environment.

I am running El Capitan 10.11.3. I downloaded the "MBAM-Mac-1.1.3.72.dmg" file and installed it into the Applications folder via the "Drag MBAM icon onto the "Applications" folder alias icon" method in the Installer window.  Perhaps some other OS X factor is at play?

Sincerely, Ranger1.