Error Upgrading to 1.6 of the Management Console

I got the new install and when I run it as administrastor it gets to the select database screen, which is all greyed out, and clicking next it tells me:

This database is currently being used by another managements server, installation was unable to access the database

This is a local database on the exact same server that I am trying to upgrade the console. I have 1.4 installed currently. It will not allow me to progress any further.

The FAQ here doesn't say anything about disconnecting the database or?

https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/portal/articles/1835539-how-do-i-upgrade-to-the-latest-version-of-the-malwarebytes-management-console-?b_id=6520

post-192943-0-15729900-1449594605_thumb.

• Staff

Hey Scoutt,

I have seen this error before and it is usually due to how it is reading the database. I want to give you some instructions but I want to confirm a few things first with this. Do you mind sending me a PM with your e-mail? I want to create a support ticket on our side to do this.

Thank you,

Ron S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...