MBAMM Can't remove Trojan

Did a scan and found this, but Malwarebytes is unable to delete it.

Android/Trojan.Spy.Sms.Thief.ay

says it is located in /system/app/MyAccountinstaller.apk

I tried everything recommended on this site, restored to factory settings, searched my apps etc.  Does anyone out there know how to remove this or if this is a false positive?  Thank you in advance.

Malwarebytes scan found same:

says it is located in /system/app/MyAccountinstaller.apk and Straightalk apps.

Malwarebytes uninstalled Straightalk app, but would not remove MyAccountinstaller.apk or remove the malware from it.

Need help.. Thanks

Yes... Tracfone! I have the same problem. Motorola xt830c /system/app/MyAccountDownloader.apk infected with Trojan.Spy.Sms.Thief.ay

I am not rooted so have been unable to remove or do anything with the file. I have disabled the app but remember seeing odd requests for account info. I didn't give it.

I also have Tracfone with this MalwareBytes problem.  My cellphone is LG41c running Android 4.4.2.  

Not comfortable running banking apps until this is resolved or declared a false positive.  Neither Avast Mobile nor Kaspersky find this "Trojan" on my Android.  Only MalwareBytes.

I have ZTE from StraightTalk

Same result

Malware detected

/system/app/MyAccountDownloader.apk

I would say False Positive from Malwarebytes but dont trust any one or any thing.

Maybe new spyware from TracPhone and Straight Talk???

Useless calling StraightTalk unless yoiu can talk to tech support supervisor in Miami.

I also have Tracfone with this MalwareBytes problem.  My cellphone is LG41c running Android 4.4.2.  

Not comfortable running banking apps until this is resolved or declared a false positive.  Neither Avast Mobile nor Kaspersky find this "Trojan" on my Android.  Only MalwareBytes.

Thanks for the info I find that to be an interesting bit of information. I've been running MBAM since I powered up the phone and today is the first indication of a problem with a system file.

I read the link to PCmag in post 6. It's very informative. 

Some phone are eligible for an unlock code from Motorola, some are not. That would at least allow access to the ofending file.

I also found that Motorola will not allow an unlock on this Tracfone so I'll have to find another way.

Yes... Tracfone! I have the same problem. Motorola xt830c /system/app/MyAccountDownloader.apk infected with Trojan.Spy.Sms.Thief.ay

I am not rooted so have been unable to remove or do anything with the file. I have disabled the app but remember seeing odd requests for account info. I didn't give it.

Clean scan on the latest update. Thank you!!

So, do we know what the problem was, exactly? I called Straight Talk tech support before the latest update and they helped me do a "hard" reset of my phone, not just the factory restore in the phone's settings. As soon as that happened, I re-downloaded malwarebytes. Now my phone is clean. Do we still need to be concerned with the "trojan" being in our phones?? Also, malwarebytes mobile really needs to have a "quarantine & removal" component on its dashboard, not just a delete button.