The last version of jrt don't close after finish

Hi everyone,

sorry for my bad english, i'm an italian tech and i use this powerful tool often to solve pc problem.

I've noted that from the last two/three release jrt after has finished its work don't close but remain a cmd windows with:

"JRT has succesfully been run. Please rewiew the report in jrt.txt.

Impossible to find the batch file

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions>

I use D7 (i've seen you put it in the whitelist and about this i'd like you put also dSupportSuite in the whitelist if you can) and i've a batch to fully automate the entire process of jrt but now don't work with the result i've wrote upper.

Can you please tell me how can solve this issue?

Thanks

Hi,

Starting from 8.0.0 I made the tool empty its directory in %TEMP%\jrt once the report (JRT.txt) was closed. If I understand correctly, prior to 8.0.0 (7.6.4 and below), you have been looking for the report in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions ?

Which may make sense because Chrome is scanned towards the end. However, you should be able to find the report at %TEMP%\jrt\JRT.txt (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\jrt\JRT.txt) if you still have the report opened.

Alternatively, and I'd recommend this since you're using Italian language of Windows, perform "File" -> "Save As" to the desired location of your choice while Notepad has loaded JRT.txt from within %TEMP%\jrt.

Hope this helps... if you have any other questions or concerns let me know.

I will whitelist "dSupportSuite" in the next update. :)

Regards

Hi Thisisu,

thank for the answer. Now i'll try to be more specific.

As i said i use dsupportsuite that is a sort of automated maintenance for end user full of great tool and one  of this is the great jrt.

Nick Saw, the creator of d7 and dsupportsuite provide us with a bat file to full automate jrt. This bat worked well until version 8.0 of jrt but from version 8.0 jrt stop its works and wait for an input (as i said in my first post)

The file bat is this:

@echo off&pushd "%~dp0"
cd "..\..\3rd Party Tools"
start /wait JRT.exe -y -nr
pushd %temp%\JRT
"%temp%\jrt\WGET.DAT" -q "http://mypersonalsite/apps/wl_processes.cfg"-O wl_processes.cfg      <----this is a workaround i made to bypass the fact that dsupportsuite isn't in whitelist
if not exist "get.bat" goto :eof
find /v /i "pause" get.bat>tmp.bat
find /v /i "notepad" tmp.bat>get.bat
start /wait get.bat

I'm not so practise of cmd so i don't know what i can add or modify in my bat to made jrt finished its work like before version 8.0. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance!