MBAM "Malicious Website Protection Disabled"

Hello and welcome back: :)

This can occasionally happen on certain systems once in a rare while.

Sometimes a system reboot will fix it.

However, it looks from your screen shot as if you are running an outdated version of the program - 2.1.6 was released in April 2015.

The current version is 2.2.0.1024.

A clean upgrade to the current version may resolve the issue and will provide numerous performance and stability enhancements.

So, I suggest the following:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi daledoc1,

I assumed MBAM was up to date as the manual update said I was, I should have double checked.

I followed the instructions for a clean install, it's clear to me MBAM is in a bad mood, it now thinks I have no internet connection (when I do) and won't allow me to use my Premium activation code. Any idea how to overcome this?

Regards,

Cu_sith.

Hi:

1) Version update: you may have had the specific setting disabled for PROGRAM updates? (Dashboard > Settings > Update Settings > Update Options > Check for program updates when checking for database updates)

2) License activation:

• Did you follow all of the steps here, including rebooting after running the removal tool?
  • If so, please try another reboot.
  • If that doesn't resolve the issue: Please verify that the system date and time are correct.
  • If that doesn't resolve the issue: Please post back with the exact error message (screen shot would be nice) and/or error code (such as 403 or 404).

Thanks,

Hi:

Thanks for the update.

Assuming that your system date and time are correct**, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt).

Thanks,

**The reason for mentioning that is that an incorrect system date/time *can* sometimes be the cause of the error you report. When that happens, fixing that problem will resolve the MBAM activation error.

Hi all,

Thanks to customer support my issue was resolved.

If anyone else has the same problem, the solution in my case was:

1) Launch MBAM, under settings tab click >Update settings and uncheck the option "Check for program updates when checking for database updates".

2) Uninstall MBAM via control Panel >Programs and features >Uninstall a program.

3) Install MBAM version 2.1.6.1022.

4) After installation, activate license.

5) Re-enable "check for program updates when checking for database updates" and then manual update.

I have no idea how this cyber magic works but thanks! :)

Regards,

Cu_sith.