Experiencing a 'Run as Admin' issue

After  recently installing updates for  Malwarebytes I now have   a window that appears on my screen every time I boot up  asking me to choose  which user account   I want : "to run" 

I can choose current user or admin.

Trouble is,    it doesn't matter which I choose,  this issue is never resolved.

Help  I don;t know what to do to correct  this and stop the windows from appearing.

Please see the attached screen prints which show what i am seeing on my monitor.  Skip this, I can't attach them. A screen print image must be too large for the site to upload. Sorry.

Using Windows XP  V 2003  Pro with service pack 3
Pentium 4    
 Gig  of RAM

Hello and welcome back: :)

It's not clear from your post if the error you report is from MBAM or from Windows, and whether the recent MBAM update was a database update or a program update?

You might see if this KB article explains and resolves your issue: Why do I get a message stating I must "log in as an Administrator" during a program upgrade?

If it does not, and if this is the same XP system with which you've had so much trouble before, it might be a good idea from the get-go to head over to the special forum area or to the help desk for deeper work.

I'm not saying that you are necessarily infected.

It's just that the sort of tools needed to investigate and repair (particularly on such an older system) cannot be used here in this particular section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through the scanning, cleanup (if needed) and repair process.

The helper can also assist with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,