Need Help Removing Android/Trojan.gedma.rp - Malwarebytes can't uninstall

Hi, I have a trojan on my phablet that automatically installs apps. I delete the apps, but still have problems. Security 360 and Malwarebytes found the trojan:

Android/Trojan.gedma.rp

However, neither can remove it. When I run Malwarebytes, I go through these steps:

Delete

Do you want to delete? 

OK

Device Management - Do you want to uninstall app?

OK

UNINSTALL UNSUCCESSFUL

How do I get this off of my tablet?

Thanks.

Hi Oceanviews

This has become a big problem with cheaper priced Devices originating from China, they come preinstalled with malicious apps and cannot be removed using Android's uninstaller because they are installed as a system app.

These apps on your device should not be trusted, there are a few things you can do.

- Disable the app – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

This will prevent the app and any associated services from running.

- Root your device and uninstall the malicious apps. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your own risk.

- Install different, trusted, ROM to replace infected one. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your won risk.

- Return device where purchased.

I wish there were more options but where Android's openness and built in security collide; openness, anyone can flash a device with a custom ROM, security, you can't uninatll system apps.

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Armando,

Thank you for replying. I have no idea which app it is. :o(

Perhaps I can find someone to do the advanced options that you suggested.

I don't think it came with the problem as I had the phablet for about 9 months before the issue came up.  I have gotten rid on all but a handful of trusted apps (Angry Birds, etc.)

Antivirus 360 does warn me when a new app was installed and I can delete. But there is no way to stop them from being installed. Very frustrating.

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming I'm in the correct area with my issue.

This message "unfortunately, adult browser has stopped. OK" I am not sure where or how this came about, but I cannot do anything really on the phone.  This message is not going away.  I reset my phone back to the factory settings but the message is still there across my every screen.  I don't know what kind of "ware" this might be and what else I should do to get rid of it. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi Novice101,

Do you have an app called 'Adult Browser' installed, I suggest looking in App settings and uninstall the app to see if that removes the error.

What is the device you have, make and model? 

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Oceanviews,

Sorry for the confusion, someone else posted a question in your thread.

Check your app installs the Gedma app might be called SmsReg or Device Management and have icons like one of these two I've attached. 

Next: Disable – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

Regards,

-Armando

post-140207-0-69401400-1449177794_thumb.

Unfortunately, I do not see those apps installed. These programs/apps cannot be deleted.

Here is a screenshot of the trojan info:

Surprised I can't simply attach an image to this post. Looks like I have to upload somewhere else, then [rovide a URL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl9Rf6SDGmad01EOHRSNDlDVlE/view?usp=sharing

Hi Oceanviews,

Sorry for the confusion, someone else posted a question in your thread.

Check your app installs the Gedma app might be called SmsReg or Device Management and have icons like one of these two I've attached. 

Next: Disable – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Oceansview,

Yeah, I was lost on adding an image also, hehe. You need to add as an attachment.

What app are you scanning with, could you scan with MBAM Mobile and show how it's detected there.

Regards,

-Armando

• 2 weeks later...