Does Mawarebytes still offer a life-time subscription of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

When I first bought Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I bought the life-time subscription without even realizing it. I use that subscription on my desktop computer. Now that I have a nice laptop as well, I want to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium on it as well. Is there any way that I can purchase another life-time subscription? How or why not? Also, am I able to use that one life-time subscription on more than one computer? Thanks!

Hello and :welcome: , @xXxALIENxXx0:

Sale of lifetime, 1-PC consumer licenses was discontinued in March 2014 - these are not a subscription and do not expire.

They are valid for only 1 PC at a time, but may be transferred to another PC in the same household.

Resellers continued to offer them after March 2014, until they depleted their remaining stock.

However, they are no longer available, even from legitimate resellers

Any such "lifetime" license sold on the internet nowadays, especially at ebay or even Amazon (which is NOT an official source), will more than likely be fake.

Starting in March 2014, *subscription* licenses for "up to 3 PCs" were available until Sept 1, 2015.  These were/are subscription-based and must be renewed.

>>Although sale of both of these types of licenses was discontinued, valid, legal licenses are still honored ("grandfathered") for the terms/duration of the particular license.

>>As of Sept 1, 2015, consumer licenses for MBAM are still subscription-based.  However, the new licenses are valid for only 1 PC at a time; there is a discount for multiple licenses purchased at the same transaction.  And there is a new option to purchase a 2-year subscription, instead of the standard 1-year version.

More info here: Billing and Licensing and here: FAQ and here: License Renewal FAQs

So, if you have a 1-PC license (either an older lifetime license or a newer subscription license), you will need to purchase a 2nd license for a 2nd computer. ;)

Thank you,

However, they are no longer available, even from legitimate resellers

Any such "lifetime" license sold on the internet nowadays, especially at ebay or even Amazon (which is NOT an official source), will more than likely be fake.

I understand that ebay and Amazon are not authorized retailers, but can you please let me know what the risk is of buying a lifetime license from these sources as long as they come in a sealed retail box? There are still some of these on ebay and amazon ($50 and up). I would not personally buy any of those that don't specifically say that they are in a sealed retail box (some of them are not in retail box even though the picture on the listing is of a box, but you need to read the detailed descriptions for each listing). This is what I have been advising my friends and family to do and it hasn't gone wrong yet.

>>As of Sept 1, 2015, consumer licenses for MBAM are still subscription-based.  However, the new licenses are valid for only 1 PC at a time; there is a discount for multiple licenses purchased at the same transaction.  And there is a new option to purchase a 2-year subscription, instead of the standard 1-year version.

The Premium subscription MBAM was originally for 3-PCs/1Yr. Has this changed to only 1 PC for each subscription now? Is that what changed Sept. 1, 2015?

Hi, @mbelsky: :)

Question 1: Probably best to stay in your own topic, please, rather than cross-posting.  I am just a home user and forum volunteer -- as such, your inquiry about the validity of licenses purchased from unauthorized sources (ebay, Amazon, etc.) is best left to the staff.  But it is true that neither ebay nor Amazon is an authorized seller.  And there have been many problems with licenses purchased from these sources.

Question 2: Yes, sale of the Consumer Subscription licenses for "up to 3 PCs" originally offered in March 2014 was discontinued on Sept 1, 2015, as explained here.

Existing license are grandfathered.  New Consumer licenses are for 1-PC and for either 1 or 2 years; there is a discount for multiple licenses purchased at the same transaction, as explained here

Thanks,