MBAM Crashing error

Jumping in here. Using Windows 7 Premium 32 bit with update Malwarebytes 2.0.0.1024. I had the same problem occuring. I recently reported that after the "clean install" recommended all seemed to be working well, but I was needing confirmation about some databases ( ips.ref ) updating. Almost as soon as I reported above, I received the database and was all happy and smiley.

There seems to be some bug in the latest version. Tonight the original problem of the Windows error "Malwarebytes has quit working" occured...this following, as reported above, a clean install on 10-21-2015.

Looking at the log file, I could see that an update for rootkits was not accompanied by a the usual "refresh, starting, etc." and then restarting dialogue.

I have this from Windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.125.0, time stamp: 0x5612a56b
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd
Faulting process id: 0x79c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d10e6aefd4b808
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: c733b5a2-7dc6-11e5-b884-40618685bfb6

Of course both those paths are fine. I update 4 times daily, to work around the other processes on my small home server.

I have been up and down the long road of sending log files (check results, and then the others. That happened with the previous version, which I fixed by changing a memory setting in my CleanMem application, but I was told my "system was corrupt, etc. by support people here. It is not. It works the way I want it to. Everything runs fine. I have no virus according to trend micro and no malware according to the Malwarebytes scan I did following tonights "quit working error."

Like fighting with Microsoft, I am sick of fighting with Malwarebytes. I am forced to revert to manual updates and scans at times I choose. I do COUNT on Malwarebytes for some security, but none at all will be present if a 6 am update stops Malwarebytes from working. It is too bad I have to babysit Malwarebytes like this. The previous version was working fine until the update.

Malwarebytes: Too Good to Get Rid Off, To Unstable to Not "Watch."

Axis

On the "clean install" I performed on 10-21-2015 there was a hang/crash, but it never repeated itself until 6 pm yesterday, 10-28-2015. This seemed to be accompanied by the rootkit database update that came at around 5:54 pm. There were other updates that then came at a few minutes after 6 pm and on following the Windows "stopped working" prompt to "close the program", Malwarebytes restarted. The link in my post above was trying to confirm that I was updating correctly, but no sooner had I posted it, I received an update that left me all smiley and happy that all was well.

I show you this snippet of my log file from the 10-21 "clean install" because nothing was written to the log file  in yestedays crash except I noticed, as mentioned above, that the rootkit update was not accompanied by the "refresh starting, Malicious Website Protection, Stopping, stopped, refresh success, starting, started dialogue.

You will notice the line from my "clean install", so I add this in case it shows something, though I am not sure what an actions, 11 means.:

"Error, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Update, Bad md5 or size: actions, 11,"

Update, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, IP Database, 2015.9.21.2, 2015.10.21.8,
Update, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Rootkit Database, 2015.9.18.1, 2015.10.16.1,
Update, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Domain Database, 2015.9.22.3, 2015.10.21.6,
Error, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Update, Bad md5 or size: actions, 11,
Update, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Remediation Database, 2015.10.21.1, 2015.10.21.1,
Update, 10/21/2015 8:44 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Malware Database, 2015.9.22.5, 2015.10.21.7,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:45 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:45 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:45 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:45 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Started,
Scan, 10/21/2015 8:50 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Start:10/21/2015 8:45 PM, Duration:5 min 1 sec, Threat Scan, Completed, 0 Malware Detections, 0 Non-Malware Detections,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:53 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:53 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:53 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 8:54 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Started,
Update, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Domain Database, 2015.10.21.6, 2015.10.22.2,
Update, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Manual, Malware Database, 2015.10.21.7, 2015.10.22.1,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Refresh, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopping,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopped,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Refresh, Success,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/21/2015 10:14 PM, SYSTEM, myunique-computername, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Started,

(end)

A last question, is it possible to download and use the previous version of Malwarebytes prior to 2.0.0.1024? I had that one nailed (as in working consistently). It seems this version is especially designed to accommodate Windows 10, though I know there are other fixes.

Regards,

Axis

It seems to be always the assumption, here at Malwarebytes, that if things go wrong that it is always the user (or their computer) that is at fault, never the vendor or a particular update. I could do the stupid tests and send you the stupid files. Then you tell me how messed up my computer is. You actually have those files attached somewhere to one of my previous posts with a previous version and different issue (which I had to find the issue and fix by my own ingenuity). The fact is that Malwarebytes is the only software on my computer that does not consistently work correctly. I run a small personal webserver, a small personal email server, MySQL, Perl, PHP, browsers, an email client and on and on. Everything I want to work works fine, until the latest upgrade.

You ask me to send you information/files (the pat answer to everything), but do not answer any of my questions (ex. "can I download and use the previous version", "what is action, 11?") or respond to my "detective work" that it seems related to the rootkit updates (which I do not even use as a default setting during scans).

Malwarebytes should not update twice in the 1/2 hr. interval that a scheduled update is open for. It should not take such a toll during an update that it nearly freezes the computer for 1-2 minutes.

I have seen entirely too many posts here about "Malwarebytes has quit working", etc. since the upgrade occurred to think I am alone with this issue. I, myself, do support work on another software forum so I know how things work.

I will not send you files that reveal more about my operating system again. I will not do another "clean install." I will just have to continue to "babysit" Malwarebytes and do manual scans and updates as I have since my this thread began.

As I said above, Malwarebytes: to good to get rid off, too unstable not to watch. It is really too good to get rid of, I'll give you that.

Axis

First off, I am not an employee of Malwarebytes so I can not say if its a problem with Malwarebytes or with your computer. You state its not your computer, fine I can not argue with that, but it sure is hard to tell without looking at logs. I/we are not in front of your computer so its really hard to tell with just the info provide.

I'm sorry but if you're not willing to post logs as requested here on the forum then we will not be able to assist you. We are not magicians and cannot remotely tell what is going on with your computer without some type of logs.

If you're concerned and do not wish to post such logs you can contact our help desk and create a ticket and they will assist you via email.

Please click on the following link to submit a ticket to the help desk.

Contact Consumer Support

Thank you

Firefox--

I understand, and my frustration is not directed towards you, or any other non-employees. I am going to stop email replies and move on to other things that are more important. Malwarebytes works fine doing everything manually, in fact it is easier to coordinate Malwarebytes with other things that need to happen with my server than coordinate my webserver around Malwarebytes. I still wish I knew the answer to "can I download and install the earlier version", but no one will tell me though I have posted that question 3 times I believe.

Regards,

Axis

Hello Firefox--

As stated in the first post in this thread, I am using Windows 7 Premium 32 bit with update Malwarebytes 2.0.0.1024. What version am I looking for? Whatever version I had before this latest update...I can't remember what it's version number was but I believe it was 2.1.8.1057 according to this thread.

Regards,

Axis